Anyone have experience with EMS/AED Grants?

Fox800

Forum Captain
I'm starting up a student organization that provides volunteer BLS coverage for campus and community events at my university. I've got the go ahead from the powers that be but now the biggest hurdle is getting funding to buy the equipment. <_<

Do any of you fine folks have experience with requesting EMS grants or getting AED grants? Could anyone point me in the right direction or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Arovetli

Forum Captain
The trick is finding an applicable grant and writing a solid proposal. There is a website out there listing all the federal sources however I really don't know what is out there right now as it changes constantly. Manufacturers and supply companies often provide equipment grants, since you're at a medical school this may be the type of marketing they are looking for and may be your best bet. It would probably be much easier to obtain from a manufacturer than from an actual government or charity grant.

Last edited by a moderator:

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Check out ncemsf.org I'm happy to answer questions over PM, I've gotten a lot of grants on college campuses successfully.

AEDSavesLives

Forum Ride Along
Question for EMT DAN

Hi Dan,

After a friend's teenager's life was saved by use of an AED at her high school, I started looking at ways to get AEDs for my kids' school, and at our church, which has a gym, a school, and a busy community center.

I've looked through a number of websites about AED grants, and can't find an answer to my question: How much of the AED cost do the grants typically cover? :unsure:

If the grants only bring the price down to the "everyday low price", then I'd rather forgo the time-consuming grant application process.

Thanks in advance for any advice.