Anyone Get Stuck in the Snow this Weekend?

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
So, as you are no doubt aware, most of the northeast was blanketed by a foot or three of snow this weekend.

We were pretty much all hands on deck Saturday night. And every ambulance managed to get stuck in the snow at least once, most multiple times. I don't think being in knee-deep snow pushing the back of an ambulance is going to be among my favorite EMS memories. :)

Anyone else have similar experiences?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
What's snow?

I did however have to put on long pants when I went out last night. :) :)

Hope you guys had fun and no I do not miss those days one bit....

OP
OP
E

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
What's snow?

Excuse me while I call you unspeakable names. ;)

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm going to assume from his name he has spent time in Alaska. I think we can forgive him for not being sympathetic. :lol:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I apparently got out of the DC/Richmond area not a moment too soon. My dad however, is still sitting in his hotel room there.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What's snow?

ALASKAflightmedic.. you don't know what snow is?

While I didn't get stuck in this thing you people call "snow" it is currently 53 degrees and I am freezing my bum off.

OP
OP
E

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
ALASKAflightmedic.. you don't know what snow is?

While I didn't get stuck in this thing you people call "snow" it is currently 53 degrees and I am freezing my bum off.

Gee, Sasha, up north we get issued coats and sweaters and stuff. 53, that's practically spring!

JPINFV

Gadfly
I just looked out the window and I see no snow as well. It's cloudy, which hopefully will burn off by noon, but definately no snow on the ground. Actually, looking at the weather, I might have to put a jack on today. After all, it's in the 60's today.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
We managed to skid around for rhe last 4 hours of our shift on Saturday before I drove 3 hours to get home. Its usually 30 minutes.

Than I came to work 2 hours late the next day. Yes I told them beforehand.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Gee, Sasha, up north we get issued coats and sweaters and stuff. 53, that's practically spring!

53 is 30-40 degrees lower than our normal temp.... It's freezing. AND I'm wearing a jacket.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
We only got about an inch of snow, currently 32 degrees. Definitely not the worst we've had so far this winter. But enough for me to say, I want to move back to Florida!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Played outside today for about 4 hours in my shorts and tshirt...was a good day...80F projected for Xmas day...

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Californians dont believe snow exists....

...unless your in Tahoe, Mammoth, Big bear, or some other montaneous climate

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
As soon as I got into work yesterday, I was sent on an emergency nearly 20 miles away, at 7AM, with the roads barely plowed. I was very lucky to be with an experienced driver... let me say that. I think it took us over 35 minutes to get there... had the patient not been stable, we would have called the nearby 911 service...

While back at base later that day (in dispatch, where they were getting swamped), I watched as we sent one of our medic trucks to a 21 year old female, diabetic, pregnant, unresponsive, and heard them get stuck not two minutes after calling en route. They ended up digging themselves our with their short board (who still carries those?)

The rest of the day consisted of nursing home emergencies, lift assists, and backing up various departments doing MVAs. Oh the fun of working in the privates.

Today was much better, streets in much more passable conditions. Meh, what's a little snow going to do to us?