Anyone from D/FW Area (Texas)...

TxRookie

Forum Probie
has taken A&P at TCC North East Campus? Looking for a good professor to take the class with.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Never took it at NE campus (Or NW, or S, or SE) but I hear good about John Adams.

Best thing to do is go here (http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/SelectTeacher.jsp?the_dept=Biology&orderby=TLName&letter=A&sid=1557 and look up each A&P teacher by name and rating. Pretty much the only way I ever pick teachers anymore, and thankfully, TCC has plenty of great teachers.

The only thing I hate about TCC's lecture + lab thing is if you take the lecture in the morning, you have to take the lab in the morning.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
has taken A&P at TCC North East Campus? Looking for a good professor to take the class with.

a&p 1 or 2?

for 1 took sal frisella and he was amazing....best teacher ever!!!! he wants everyone to pass but he won't make it easy. he won't leave until you understand everything, so ask questions.

for 2 i took marius pfeiffer. i heard great things about him, but didn't really like him as a teacher, but that could have been because i signed up for an 8 am class.

another good site to find teachers is pickaprof.com or even myspace has a grade my professor site.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
The only thing I hate about TCC's lecture + lab thing is if you take the lecture in the morning, you have to take the lab in the morning.

no you don't unless they recently changed it. the last semester i took classes there, i had a&p 2 lec at 8 am and lab at 1730. the only rule i remember is that you have to take the lec and lab at the same campus.

OP
OP
T

TxRookie

Forum Probie
Thanks for the feedback. In the past, do you know who does the Saturday class? Since I might be taking A&P with my EMT-B, I would like to have some time in between to study (juggling 2 jobs).

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Meh, all require same campus, but looking at the class list right now, quite a few say "No AM/PM combo", and last semester when I tried signing up for an AM class and PM lab it wouldn't let me... which is why I didn't do A&P last semester :sad:

Must be teacher specific.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks for the feedback. In the past, do you know who does the Saturday class? Since I might be taking A&P with my EMT-B, I would like to have some time in between to study (juggling 2 jobs).

i believe dr. rosenburg does a saturday class, not sure if its for 1 or 2 or both. she did it for 2 last spring semester. she is amazing. i had her for lab when i took 2 and i wished i had her for lec also. another good teacher is dr. foote but i don't know if he's still there. had him for lab for 1 last year. he's pretty goofy but he knows his stuff.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Meh, all require same campus, but looking at the class list right now, quite a few say "No AM/PM combo", and last semester when I tried signing up for an AM class and PM lab it wouldn't let me... which is why I didn't do A&P last semester :sad:

Must be teacher specific.

oh......i think it is just teacher specific........i think i remember seeing that when i took classes last spring and just never knew what they meant by that. oh well. lol.

OP
OP
T

TxRookie

Forum Probie
Actually right now I am looking into 1. Quick question...is A&P 1 ok to take with my EMT-B class? This will give me points to continue to medic school. However I am concern if I will be able to manage both classes at the same time. Is the EMT-B class enough by itself or could I take both?

Keep in mind and I am already reading/studying another EMT-B book on my own to get myself ready.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Actually right now I am looking into 1. Quick question...is A&P 1 ok to take with my EMT-B class? This will give me points to continue to medic school. However I am concern if I will be able to manage both classes at the same time. Is the EMT-B class enough by itself or could I take both?

Keep in mind and I am already reading/studying another EMT-B book on my own to get myself ready.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

just wait to take a&p would be my advice........it'll take a lot of your time if you want to do well. definitely take a&p 1 and 2 before medic school, also take pharmacology cause i'm sure that will help alot.

OP
OP
T

TxRookie

Forum Probie
Well I am trying to finish an AAS in EMS. This is why I wanted to finish my EMT in May and continue to medic school by August. I've heard that getting into TCC's med school is not easy. I thought about getting my A&P1 cuz will give me bonus points for the program in addition to other college credits I already have. Not sure what to do. Eventually I will take A&P 1/2 and pharma as part of my AAS.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Well I am trying to finish an AAS in EMS. This is why I wanted to finish my EMT in May and continue to medic school by August. I've heard that getting into TCC's med school is not easy. I thought about getting my A&P1 cuz will give me bonus points for the program in addition to other college credits I already have. Not sure what to do. Eventually I will take A&P 1/2 and pharma as part of my AAS.

it would definitely give you some brownie points. if you think you can do both at the same time then go for it. if not then you can try to take it during the summer, just as long as you realize how fast pace it will be.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm assuming you're taking emt at TCC?

Piece if advice: Steve is an a$$, but ge knows his stuff.

Take a&p over the summer between basic and medic. They run them twice in the summer, once in the beginning and once at the end.

OP
OP
T

TxRookie

Forum Probie
I'm assuming you're taking emt at TCC?

Piece if advice: Steve is an a$$, but ge knows his stuff.

Take a&p over the summer between basic and medic. They run them twice in the summer, once in the beginning and once at the end.

Thanks Linuss. Do you know by any chance what are the hours for the summer class? Can it still be taken at night?

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks Linuss. Do you know by any chance what are the hours for the summer class? Can it still be taken at night?

i don't recall ever seeing summer classes that had night hrs.

OP
OP
T

TxRookie

Forum Probie
i don't recall ever seeing summer classes that had night hrs.

That's what I thought. I guess I have to do some more research and see if I will be able to manage both EMT-B and A&P1 together. Last night I started reading the chapter about parts of the human body and I do find it very interesting. Maybe since I like the subject I remember things better :unsure:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
That's what I thought. I guess I have to do some more research and see if I will be able to manage both EMT-B and A&P1 together. Last night I started reading the chapter about parts of the human body and I do find it very interesting. Maybe since I like the subject I remember things better :unsure:

you will....i loved the subject and i did great in class. i actually enjoyed reading the book. lol.....nerd alert. it did seem a lot easier to retain information than for a class i didn't like.