Any Good Decent Companies in LA County?

DarksideIV

Forum Probie
So I've been working at the same company since August of 09. Its a Private Co. doing dialysis and what not. Its a good company to start with, but lately Ive just been wary with the way its been being run. I wont mention that name, but we run county when we SHOULDNT be running county, amongst other things. Ive just reached a burn out period and just wondering if theres any decent well paying gigs out there.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
I have worked at two IFT BLS rigs in LA County and have friends who have been at others. I have come to the come conclusion that they are all the same unfortunately. They may each have different benefits and downsides, but the private IFT companies (around here at least) are all shady in their own way.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
The search function is your friend on this one...

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Try Downey medical center, I think they have an ambulance service.

Correction: Downey Regional Hospital Had their Ambulances untill they were bought out by my former company (liberty ambulance)

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Unfortunately/fortunately dependig on your point of view majority of private ambulance companys do same thing and offer similar benefits or lack of them.. Most of them do IFT, be it from hospital to hospital, hospital to nursery homes etc. The only different thing you will be able to find is if you get a job working for either city fire department/ambulance which just do 911 only or one of few private companys that only do 911.

Regarding la county, when you say they do thing they should not be doing, do you mean the pick up patients without being approved to operate in the county?

sunbee

Forum Probie
try MedReach Ambulance, in Rancho Dominguez i heard they're hiring, u start off as an attendant $10, driver $11, good staff good emts