anatomy study guide

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
hi yall im studying for emt right now and doing well EXCEPT human anatomy! and study guides, tips, interactive aids that any of you have found useful? thanks

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
First off, congrats on your class ! A better understanding of A&P will certainly help you and make you a much better EMT. Anatomy and Physiology isn't an easy concept to learn, but once you find the right way to study for you it becomes much easier. Here are some of the things that helped me,
- Notecards, simple facts and answers
- Artwork, just because I am a visual learner
- Reading the chapter a few times, get to know the material well
- If you get the chance, see a dissection of a cadaver
- Best understanding possible in basic chemistry and biology
- Good quiet space and at least two hours a day of study time
- A group or partner would be helpful and motivational
Hope this helps ! ^_^

OP
OP
S

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
hey happy thx i totally agree with you about a study group and flash cards! i too am a visual / interactive learner! i would LOVE to see a dissection... i have watch them on you tube w the german guy and that was FANTAStIC but would really like to be on hand for a live demonstration. any ideas on how to go about that? thx

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
hey happy thx i totally agree with you about a study group and flash cards! i too am a visual / interactive learner! i would LOVE to see a dissection... i have watch them on you tube w the german guy and that was FANTAStIC but would really like to be on hand for a live demonstration. any ideas on how to go about that? thx
Yes, the Youtube dissection video isn't actually that bad, I often find myself using it as a resource for my A&P study. What you could do is contact your nearest Medical School and see if they have any open cadaver dissections, they often get cadavers when they first become available, and they sometimes have open studies. I'd take that route first, and see what I come up with.

OP
OP
S

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
hey happy thx great idea! im still looking for decent study partners! im ohh just a weee bit older then the 18-22 y/o students in my class! they are not the most serious most of the time.... as far as a med school ill have to look in to that, i sure as hell dont have one round here in podunka! redding ca hahaha i though i do know a few folks at loma linda in so cal! haha sounds like its time for a vacation! thx

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
hey happy thx great idea! im still looking for decent study partners! im ohh just a weee bit older then the 18-22 y/o students in my class! they are not the most serious most of the time.... as far as a med school ill have to look in to that, i sure as hell dont have one round here in podunka! redding ca hahaha i though i do know a few folks at loma linda in so cal! haha sounds like its time for a vacation! thx
Well, just be as polite and respectful as possible, and I'm sure you will do fine. Let us know how everything goes ! ;)

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
check out the Anatomy Coloring book:

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Color...0861/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316024944&sr=8-1

I use this for both EMT and Medic classes I teach; as a visual learner you'll probably get a lot out of this. Xerox the pages out and color them repeatedly if you feel the need to.

BTW, this book is also used by a lot of medical schools. For EMT / Paramedic level stuff you can probably stick to the higher level stuff (besides, no one really knows what color to make the gogli complex).

Dunnowhat2use

Forum Ride Along
hi yall im studying for emt right now and doing well EXCEPT human anatomy! and study guides, tips, interactive aids that any of you have found useful? thanks

I know this is an old post. Hopefully this will help for someone searching like i was.

Will start my classes next month. I have been studying the Kahn Academy, free Anatomy and Physiology classes to try to help me the time comes.

A lot of really good stuff, have learned a ton so far.

overthinker1515

Forum Ride Along
I know this is an old post. Hopefully this will help for someone searching like i was.

Will start my classes next month. I have been studying the Kahn Academy, free Anatomy and Physiology classes to try to help me the time comes.

A lot of really good stuff, have learned a ton so far.

Thanks for that! I'm checking out Kahn Academy now, and it seems really useful.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Best, most accurate anatomy study guide ever:
Most Accurate Anatomy Poster Ever.png

marian

Forum Crew Member
Having a good grasp of word roots makes it possible to unsweunswerstand rather than just memorize terms.

E.g. -it is, a/an-, brady-, tachy-, ect-, endo-, entero-, rhin/rhino-, epi-, dia-, etc.

There's loads of lists on the internet and you know loads of them already. It helps me to try to break new words down into units that I already know. Maybe a similar process would help you remember anatomy terms.

Bluemtnsky

Forum Probie
Fun that this popped up, more links of useful anatomy. Maybe I've gotten in too deep, but it is fun. Writing my second PCR for EMT-B class...."laceration on the volar radial aspect of the proximal left forearm." Not sure if that is accurate....

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Fun that this popped up, more links of useful anatomy. Maybe I've gotten in too deep, but it is fun. Writing my second PCR for EMT-B class...."laceration on the volar radial aspect of the proximal left forearm." Not sure if that is accurate....

Too funny. Most EMTs have a hard time with anything beyond "the hip bone's connected to the leg bone".