anatomy and physiology book...the mega thread hopefully

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
So I have guyton and halls in pdf but I think I want to buy an actual a and p book...what ones are good? Which ones are bad?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Guyton is probably the best.

Are you looking for a combined Anatomy and Physiology text? If you are, you won't get as much depth out of either subjects.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I used Saladin.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Guyton is probably the best.

Are you looking for a combined Anatomy and Physiology text? If you are, you won't get as much depth out of either subjects.

Either, really. I love learning, the only thing that really limits me is money aha.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Get separate books, buy used texts. I keep referring back to Merck Manual because, with a good encyclopedic dictionary like Taber's, you can get the anatomy and physiology and etc. integrated into other material, an approach I found I could learn better than memorizing bones or the Kreb's cycle.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Get separate books, buy used texts. I keep referring back to Merck Manual because, with a good encyclopedic dictionary like Taber's, you can get the anatomy and physiology and etc. integrated into other material, an approach I found I could learn better than memorizing bones or the Kreb's cycle.

I like to have books with little to no marking in them already...I like to underline etc my books.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Use a different color? You can save nearly 75% sometimes, especially if you buy the next-prior edition. And Gray's Anatomy can be had cheap, sit unused for months, then just happen to have that one picture you need to understand something.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
EDC516253_100.gif

Skittles

Forum Probie
I've been reading Barron's E-Z Anatomy and Physiology. Then again, I took A&P about 3 years ago, so it's more of a review.