AMT AMBULANCE UPDATED 2017

leeveex

Forum Ride Along
Amt Ambulance has their main station in Reseda, CA and second station in Carson, CA.

CONS:
-no benefits
-no holiday pay
-no vacation pay
-schedules are given the night you clock out or night before
-meal breaks are not paid
-ambulances are practically broken down
-supplies are not always adequate and sufficient
-some gurneys are broken and you have to get, shall we say creative?

PROS:
-coworkers but then again, that's everywhere right?

you get ran sometimes and sometimes you chill. every ambulance company has their list of pros and cons. you just have to watch out for that.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Is this a joke post or...?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like someone needs to make some calls to the LACo EMSA and the labor board.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
If you need the proper paper work and names to contact, please PM me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Amt Ambulance has their main station in Reseda, CA and second station in Carson, CA.

CONS:
-no benefits
-no holiday pay
-no vacation pay
-schedules are given the night you clock out or night before
-meal breaks are not paid
-ambulances are practically broken down
-supplies are not always adequate and sufficient
-some gurneys are broken and you have to get, shall we say creative?

PROS:
-coworkers but then again, that's everywhere right?

you get ran sometimes and sometimes you chill. every ambulance company has their list of pros and cons. you just have to watch out for that.

Is this a joke post or...?

Sounds like someone needs to make some calls to the LACo EMSA and the labor board.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lol! Sounds just like my days with Firstmed in Sun Valley, CA. All medi-cal/medicaid/dialysisIFT companies in the San Fernando Valley/Hollywood/South Bay operate like this. Low wages, no supplies (Including oxygen) broken ambulances, lightbars, and gurneys. They hire aspiring EMTs fresh out of school, unaware of the difference between 911 and IFT, and hope they dont realize that theres better companies out there. I never worked for medresponse, impulse, medreach, or ameripride, but a couple years ago, at my firstmed days, I remember talking to crews in ER bays and they would tell me that their company was ran no different then ours at the time. (This was 2014, so I'm not sure if standards have been raised, but my guess is that these companies still operate the same.)