AMR

Lace

Forum Probie
Has anybody worked for AMR in San Benito county? If so I understand the hospital there is hazel Hawkins are there any other hospitals or what's the closest trauma center?

OP
OP
L

Lace

Forum Probie
I'm not looking for smart answers. I tried Google search. If I found what I was looking for I wouldn't have posted a thread. Thanks for your "help"

Trauma Queen

Forum Crew Member
What exactly did you google search? If you searched the hospitals AMR transports to, you may get far more less answers than if you looked for hospitals within the service area of the branch, and the closest specialty facilities.

Unfortunately, I attempted to do a quick search for you, but you didn't include the state. So just google "San Benito (state) hospitals", and go from there.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I tried reading and looking through San Benito County EMS protocols and policies. It was not easy finding these answers. There are two protocols I found that list hospitals that can be transported to, but does not say their capabilities. In your article Chewy, it says that Hazel Hawkin Hospital is trying to become a trauma center, but isn't recognized as one yet and that trauma patients must be transported to an out of county unnamed trauma center. I Googled a bit more and see that Natividad in Salinas is a trauma center. I assume they may fly patients to trauma centers in Santa Clara County too since St Louise in Gilroy is listed as a hospital they can transport to (St Louise is not a trauma center, but Regional Medical Center and Valley Medical Center are somewhat close by).

The EMS website looks nice, but difficult to navigate through. It was not helpful.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I tried reading and looking through San Benito County EMS protocols and policies. It was not easy finding these answers. There are two protocols I found that list hospitals that can be transported to, but does not say their capabilities. In your article Chewy, it says that Hazel Hawkin Hospital is trying to become a trauma center, but isn't recognized as one yet and that trauma patients must be transported to an out of county unnamed trauma center. I Googled a bit more and see that Natividad in Salinas is a trauma center. I assume they may fly patients to trauma centers in Santa Clara County too since St Louise in Gilroy is listed as a hospital they can transport to (St Louise is not a trauma center, but Regional Medical Center and Valley Medical Center are somewhat close by).

The EMS website looks nice, but difficult to navigate through. It was not helpful.

So again, google search.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
There must be a misunderstanding here. I feel like you guys didn't read my post or the link you shared. The information was not easy to find using Google or going through San Benito EMS website. I did determine that Natividad is a trauma center and made the assumption that they can utilize the trauma centers in Santa Clara County due to being able to transport to a hospital in Santa Clara County.

OP
OP
L

Lace

Forum Probie
Nobody
There must be a misunderstanding here. I feel like you guys didn't read my post or the link you shared. The information was not easy to find using Google or going through San Benito EMS website.
Nobody understands anything on the internet andrizzle. Some people just like to have am "opinion" and sound like they know what they're talking about. Let it be. You helped me out amigo. ✌

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
simmer down everyone. Natividad is a brand new trauma center so the protocols probably have not been updated lately. San Bineto is a long thin county that borders 5 other counties, has no major highways, and is relatively rural. most trauma patients will be flown out because the drive time to any trauma hospital is likely to be 2-3 hours. most will probably be taken to Santa Clara in the north or Fresno in the south.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
From the protocols:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422979726.738927.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422980111.087791.jpg

Last edited: