AMR Victorville Transfer:

Endlessnight760

Forum Ride Along
Hey all! I was hoping someone could answer a few questions I have about AMR Victorville division. I’m currently with AMR Lancaster; and we run 911 up here but I live in Victorville and would love to transfer up to Victorville since I live 10 minutes away from station. I realize that me transferring would be good however I wanted to know if there is a lot of OT to pick up since they run 12’s? Also wanted to know what the union is like and how the transfer process is. I love picking up overtime and that’s my main thing is if I’m able to pickup a lot. Thanks in advance

SandpitMedic

Shock&Awe
Why don’t you go in and ask them since you live 10 minutes from Station? You’re already an employee... I’m sure they will have a discussion about transferring with you.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Why don’t you go in and ask them since you live 10 minutes from Station? You’re already an employee... I’m sure they will have a discussion about transferring with you.
Management isn’t always knows for being the most accurate source of information. There are some who are truthful and then others who would tell you that the planet was flat if that’s what you wanted to hear.

I believe @CTMD might have accurate information for you.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
OT comes and goes, but more often then not it’s available especially compared to other divisions. I think you will be fine.

They have multiple 24 cars, but you’re unlikely to get placed on one full time right away.

You place you’re internal transfer online and contact both HRs informing them of your intent. It’s pretty straightforward but the union doesn’t have a hand in that.