AMR Santa Clarita

Podag

Forum Ride Along
Hi I had an interview at the AMR in Santa Clarita about a month ago and have not heard back from them since, is that basically their way of saying no? Just want to make sure. Any input would be much appreciative.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hi I had an interview at the AMR in Santa Clarita about a month ago and have not heard back from them since, is that basically their way of saying no? Just want to make sure. Any input would be much appreciative.
It's their way of saying they're AMR (kidding, sort of...). Perhaps call and ask, but this kind of drag isn't all that uncommon TBH; not to mention it's currently the thick of the holiday season, good luck.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Right now it's interesting. AMR lost alot of 911 contracts. They also shut down the Bowers operation in October laying off around 200 people. People in the union that are effected will be getting job placements first. If you don't mind the drive go to CARE as they pretty much took over everything. If you don't mind a drive and want to be an emt vs a gurney jockey I highly recommend another county. Try Hall ambulance in Bakersfield or go to San Bernardino or Riverside County AMR. AMR in LA county over the years has really become the titanic it seems.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
AMR in LA county over the years has really become the titanic it seems.
Everytime I say "I remember when.." it reminds me of how things have drastically changed from their monopoly on the late 90's and early to mid 2000's. You either worked for AMR or "somewhere else". And CARE?..."CARE who? Oh those guys from the O.C.?" Craziness.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Everytime I say "I remember when.." it reminds me of how things have drastically changed from their monopoly on the late 90's and early to mid 2000's. You either worked for AMR or "somewhere else". And CARE?..."CARE who? Oh those guys from the O.C.?" Craziness.
I remember when they only did IFT! LOL ooooh the good ol days!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Try Hall ambulance in Bakersfield

See what I mean @VentMonkey the Cult recruits everywhere ;)

All joking aside San Bernardino County and Riverside County are the better counties to work in (besides Kern).

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
See what I mean @VentMonkey the Cult recruits everywhere ;)

All joking aside San Bernardino County and Riverside County are the better counties to work in (besides Kern).
LOL I suggested AMR San Berdoo and Rems lol. LA county has finally become one big joke. Especially with CAREs policy of don't do anything until the FD shows up.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Especially with CAREs policy of don't do anything until the FD shows up.
And herein lies the difference of what is was versus what it will be from now on.

Let us further stroke their massive ego; yep, definitely took what fun I had there many moons ago with good people all around to this stale borg of a service, y'all enjoy that...

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
And herein lies the difference of what is was versus what it will be from now on.

Let us further stroke their massive ego; yep, definitely took what fun I had there many moons ago with good people all around to this stale borg of a service, y'all enjoy that...
Gurney jockeys.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Sad, man. Granted, AMR royally mucked up in their typical fashion, but at least the left with their spines in tact.

wtferick

Forum Captain
That's what I heard from patients. One in respiratory distress. Emt didn't give any 02 or aid due to company policy of having to wait for fire lol

I hope that EMT got let go. Total BS -_-

That's what I heard from patients. One in respiratory distress. Emt didn't give any 02 or aid due to company policy of having to wait for fire lol

There's no way this can be true. So no CPR until fire arrives huh?

LOL! ive actually heard it in the past from a few. It just makes you jump back a little bit and go "huh?"

Attachments

• 1csrdc.jpg
    1csrdc.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 179