AMR Santa Barbara, CA

mbc320

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just passed my NREMT and got the state cert last year. I turned in the application online in November for the part-time EMT at AMR Santa Barbara. I'm wondering how AMR Santa Barbara's hiring process is like for the part-time EMT's. And what are the chances of getting hired for newbie with no experience (but I heard they hire a lot).

Any input is much appreciated and hope to learn a lot in this forum from the fellow members.
Thanks!

speakxeasy

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just passed my NREMT and got the state cert last year. I turned in the application online in November for the part-time EMT at AMR Santa Barbara. I'm wondering how AMR Santa Barbara's hiring process is like for the part-time EMT's. And what are the chances of getting hired for newbie with no experience (but I heard they hire a lot).

Any input is much appreciated and hope to learn a lot in this forum from the fellow members.
Thanks!
congrats on passing! I'm not sure how they hire I'm also a greenie at the EMS life going through the process of getting hired. complicated process but well worth it.

m0nster986

B.S, Paramedic, FF
Written>Skills>PAT>Panel Interview>New Hire Orientation>FTO

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I just applied in for AMR in the Phoenix area. They're new here, so I'm assuming there will be a lot of openings. I just wonder how long it typically takes to hear anything back. I applied on Friday night, so I'm not concerned yet. Does anyone know how long AMR takes to contact if they are interested?

OP
OP
mbc320

mbc320

Forum Ride Along
Thanks all for your inputs.

Written>Skills>PAT>Panel Interview>New Hire Orientation>FTO
How long does the field training period last, is it going to be part-time field training for the part-time EMT position? And how is the relationship they have with the County Fire? Thanks

Trackman114

Forum Ride Along
During field training you typically work your FTO's full time schedule. After that you become a part time employee unless full time spots are available. The relationship with all the fire departments is generally great. If you show respect you will get respect back.