AMR Riverside interview completed

ANissan951

Forum Probie
Just seeing if anyone has some insight on AMR Riversides interview process? I just finished my interview with AMR Riverside today and felt it went well, but it was just an interview with a supervisor I didn’t have to take a written or skills test. I was under the impression that there would’ve have been a written test and at least a skills test. So I’m not sure if they do those tests on a later date from the interview or the same day if they choose to move forward in the process with you?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Riverside division from what I am aware of has not done skills testing in 8+ years. About 7 years ago their process was a written test followed by a solo interview followed by a group interview. If you were invited to the group interview then it meant you were hired but not officially yet.

I know some AMR operations removed the written test for paramedics because people were having trouble passing it (I took it and it’s not a hard test at all).

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
(I took it and it’s not a hard test at all).

Really? Even though you reclassed? I didn't have to take a written... not gonna lie kinda glad I didn't cause at the time I was over with tests haha.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really? Even though you reclassed? I didn't have to take a written... not gonna lie kinda glad I didn't cause at the time I was over with tests haha.
Yeah, I had to take the written because it was a normal part of the process. About a year later was when management decided to stop having the test due to the number of people failing it. So now no one has to take it.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Yeah, I had to take the written because it was a normal part of the process. About a year later was when management decided to stop having the test due to the number of people failing it. So now no one has to take it.

Typical 150ish questions?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Typical 150ish questions?
If I remember it was around 80 medical questions and around 60 personality questions. Outdated test for the area as questions about pedi intubation, needle cric, and lasix where on it.

OP
OP
A

ANissan951

Forum Probie
Sorry I didn’t clarify before, it’s for an EMT position not a medic. So I don’t know if that makes a difference in the process.

chrls

Forum Crew Member

I had to take a written when I got hired in the summer of 2016. I thought the test was a little bit of a joke because it had a bunch of outdated/non county related questions like you said and the rest of the material was easy enough.

Maybe I just don’t know when you reclassed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I had to take a written when I got hired in the summer of 2016. I thought the test was a little bit of a joke because it had a bunch of outdated/non county related questions like you said and the rest of the material was easy enough.

Maybe I just don’t know when you reclassed.
Spring of 2015