AMR question - "6-PT"?

DavidR

Forum Ride Along
Today I came across a job posting by AMR here in Hemet, CA. The posting states the position is an "EMT-Basic 6-PT HEM"

Does anyone know what the 6-PT part means? Is the position part time?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
From what the job posting seems like it is saying that there are 6 part time positions open for the Hemet division.

OP
OP
D

DavidR

Forum Ride Along
From what the job posting seems like it is saying that there are 6 part time positions open for the Hemet division.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well! Thanks!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Sigh. The problem with the 909 is who ever wins, you still lose for being in the 909.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
That would be the 951 thank you very much, and RIV div can keep MoVal. Hemet was great when I was a basic there. Lots of good people, and they cover banning and beumont and that part of the 15 fwy. As a basic starting out there, you're going to be doing BLS IFT for 6 months to a year before you will be able to get onto an ALS 911 unit.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What about 951 or 760? Haha

951 can be counted. 760 is too large to stereotype, especially since it runs down into San Diego county (Escondido, San Marcos, etc).

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
951 can be counted. 760 is too large to stereotype, especially since it runs down into San Diego county (Escondido, San Marcos, etc).

Bah! That's like calling a company too big to fail! LOL

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I do love Eisenhower and Desert hospitals...

Desert is where it's all at. Friendly staff, hot nurses, free stuff, did I mention hot nurses? :p

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Indeed...and it just so happens I took my first trauma patient as a medic intern to Desert

The nurses and docs are :wub:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yea, but I'm at Arrowhead, Riverside County, and Chino Valley (well... Canyon Ridge for the next week, but I digress). That alone should make what ever division covers those hospitals (Rancho?) better than the rest.