amiodarone and other drugs

jefftherealmccoy

Forum Crew Member
I live in Utah and I am in my third week of Paramedic school. In utah, I've found out that Amiodarone is not on the state test and everyone in the state doesn't use it. Could anyone tell me if it is going to be on the National Registry test and whether or not you're using it in other states?

Also, what other drugs are on the national exam that may not be used in other state (such as my own).

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Any reputable program should have taught you from the national curriculum and current standards of practice throughout the US.

If they didn't I would start demanding money back.

But on the practical side. You can expect to see eerything from your text, ACLS, etc.

If you are really stressed about this, I would suggest Lippincott's illustrated review of pharmacology.

More than yo need, but you can cherry pick the sections you want.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
He is only in the 3rd week Vene, it is possible they will teach it.

reaper

Working Bum
Plus remember that not all medical directors follow AHA. Some still believe in lido. I have seen some rural areas still using lido for arrests.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Plus remember that not all medical directors follow AHA. Some still believe in lido. I have seen some rural areas still using lido for arrests.

Medical director or not, the program should still be following the prescribed curriculum.

A reputable EMS program will allow its graduates to go anywhere not just operate in podunk.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
yes amio can be on your test. in fact i can tell you that it WILL be on your practical.

my county still uses lido...and disregards most of what ACLS has to say :rolleyes:. i just do as i am told.