Ambulance Companies

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Advertising?

Weren't they on DSCHealth "Paramedics" enough to drum up some business?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Welcome to the forum!

Is there any reason why you're looking for links? Is there a specific region you're looking for?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
didn't they just get bought by Plural Retro??? and tick a lot of folks off???

Luno

OG
Premium Member
I think that they were bought a while ago.

OP
OP
D

drewmeister2

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by MMiz@Oct 14 2005, 02:24 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Is there any reason why you're looking for links? Is there a specific region you're looking for?
Thanks!

I'm looking because I am considering a career in working on an ambulance.

And to the person above, no, I'm not advertising for Southwest ambulance. Just giving you an idea of what I'm looking for.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by drewmeister2@Oct 14 2005, 07:39 PM
Then a career in EMS, is what you need!

What kind of training do you have? or what are you aiming for?

How old are you?

OP
OP
D

drewmeister2

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Oct 14 2005, 08:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Oct 14 2005, 08:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-drewmeister2@Oct 14 2005, 07:39 PM
Then a career in EMS, is what you need!

What kind of training do you have? or what are you aiming for?

How old are you? [/b][/quote]
Lol, I'm only 17, and in Arizona (where I live), you have to be 18 to get an EMT. So I don't have much training.

However, I have done lots of ride-alongs with the Phoenix Fire Dept, and have learned lots of stuff from them (how to start an IV, like get the bag ready, where to put the pads for an EKG, how to get vitals, just basic stuff, but its a start).

I would like to get my EMT as soon as I can, and possibly go on to being a paramedic, we'll see.

The main reason I'm looking to work on an ambulance, and not with the Fire Dept so much anymore, is I don't like the whole idea of fighting fires. I love the emergency medical aspect though, so an ambulance might be the way to go.

Thanks for your help!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
There is a loop hole to the law on what age you have to be to take EMS training.

That is, if it says you have to be 18 to be an EMT, it means you have to be 18 to take the test. You can start the class as long as you'll be 18 when they are prepared to administer the written and practical exams.

I started my EMT class when I was 15, so I could finish just after my 16th birthday.

OP
OP
D

drewmeister2

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Oct 14 2005, 11:53 PM
There is a loop hole to the law on what age you have to be to take EMS training.

That is, if it says you have to be 18 to be an EMT, it means you have to be 18 to take the test. You can start the class as long as you'll be 18 when they are prepared to administer the written and practical exams.

I started my EMT class when I was 15, so I could finish just after my 16th birthday.
Cool, thanks!

That is good to know.

VinBin

Forum Captain
Yes, I took the test while I was still 17, they just held my National Certification until I turned 18 recently, but I got my state license before that, which was cool...

Make sure you know clearly if you can take the test and get done before you sign up for class tho...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Don't mind ttlwhkr. He's just trying to get his post count up. 2000 is right around the corner for him. :D

Beegers

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Oct 14 2005, 11:21 AM
icon_puke.gif

I can't stand Rural Metro. They do EMS here in my city during the day. They convinced the father of a kid hit by a car to sign a RMA....That family later needed to take his son to the hospital....$17,000+ later....

Oh the kid hit his head on the car windshield, breaking the window, the boy had a helmet on.

I hate that company. The only way I'd work there is if I'm planning on moving to transfer for a confirmed job.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Jb78emt+Oct 17 2005, 09:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jb78emt @ Oct 17 2005, 09:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Oct 14 2005, 11:21 AM
icon_puke.gif

I can't stand Rural Metro. They do EMS here in my city during the day. They convinced the father of a kid hit by a car to sign a RMA....That family later needed to take his son to the hospital....$17,000+ later....

Oh the kid hit his head on the car windshield, breaking the window, the boy had a helmet on.

I hate that company. The only way I'd work there is if I'm planning on moving to transfer for a confirmed job. [/b][/quote]
Hearsay?

Lots of parents sign their kids off b/c they think it's too expensive.

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Hey drewmeister2, what happined to drewmeister1? :ph34r:

Anyhoe, It's cool that you're so ambitious about EMS. That wil take you far. Just remember: A rookie with no qual, saying hot-shot stuff can easily be rubbed up wrong. Not that you did, just stay modest. :D

talk things on your level. B)

and keep in mind you're gunna be a BAC first. (Bring And Carry). :(

But the best way to get in the game, is clime the ladder fast. I expect you will. ;)

Goodluck. :p

PS: If you wanna get experience in South Africa, I can get you in at a couple of places... ;)

NetCare 911
ER24

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
They have ambulances in Africa? Ithought it was all like tribes, desert and jungles?

What kind of ambulances, equipment, training, etc.?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Oct 17 2005, 12:24 PM
They have ambulances in Africa? Ithought it was all like tribes, desert and jungles?

What kind of ambulances, equipment, training, etc.?
LOL... South Africa is quite civilized. Moreso than some places Stateside, dare I say. ;)