Allheart cardiology

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
A nurse I worked with in Iraq had one, and I found my self borrowing it a couple of times in a pinch. Meh... it's certainly better than your average bargain basement scope, with good quality tubing and relatively comfortable ears. But it has all the same drawbacks of the Cardiology II that it was modelled after. It's hella heavy, but sturdy. The dual head hurts its ability to block out noise. It's too large to fit under a BP cuff, so you have to hold it by hand. The price is right, but I've just never been a fan of the Cardiology II or III for field use. They are completely impractical for high noise environments and overkill for all but a select few, over-educated medics in this country. I wouldn't recommend that design for anyone outside the hospital environment, and not even then unless you are a serious diagnostician that even knows what to do with a cardiology stethoscope. But if all you are after is a cheap scope that looks expensive, it's a good buy.

OP
OP
FF-EMT Diver

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
What about there scopes in general, I,ve never used one and do not personally know anyone that has, we all use littman and I seen these and the good price and was wondering about their acousticd]s/durability.

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
I used to have one and didn't like it for my clinical use--I'm a veterinarian and it just didn't work well on my animal patients. It was too heavy and I couldn't hear well with it. I gave it to an RN friend who works in a NICU and she loves it.

I also have Littmann lightweight and infant scopes, and they were better. But I went ahead and bought an Ultrascope, with adult, pediatric, and infant heads, and I can hear a lot better through them.

Again, though, almost all of my experience is on animal patients, not human patients, so take that FWIW. Overall though I'd recommend Ultrascope over Littmann.

gmartin0814

Forum Probie
I bought the Littman Classic II S.E. and I absolutely love the thing! Super light and blocks out noise so its really easy to hear. It is also small enough to fitunder a BP Cuff!!

nightstar22

Forum Crew Member
i have a littman cardiology III. it is ok.. but i prefer to use the dual head cheap ones that our ambulances have in the back of them. there are alot of people who swear by the more expensive ones, but not me. if i would have known now what i didnt know then, i would have just bought a 20$ one.. (plus when you leave the more expensive ones laying around they seem to disappear)