Agility Test

emtgirl90

Forum Probie
Is it possible to fail one of these? I am about 100lbs and only got up to about 90lbs in my test but I have successfully lifted people in many of my classes without struggle.

Last edited:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yes ot is possible to fail one. For a wide variety of reasons

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

emtgirl90

Forum Probie
Okay. I figured I am much more prepared for the next one if need be but no one has called me since I took that test so praying no news is good news.

B100

Forum Ride Along
They can definitely fail you on the agility test. For example, when I tested with AMR there was one candidate that failed because they dropped the weight that simulated a chair lift. From what I heard it was due to the loss of grip on the 75lbs curl bar.

That's just one example of an infraction that could cause you to fail your test. Other reasons include not being able to successfully complete a task or dropping something without cause, etc.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Depends on how much the place cares about their upholding their standards vs a warm body in the seat.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
If you can't complete the prescribed exercise with proper technique, you will fail. So that's two parts, getting it done and doing it right.

You can learn all the techniques in the world, but if you don't have the musculature to do the task properly you're screwed. Lift/agility testing is designed to weed out the people that will put themselves in jeopardy and has the not to be overlooked benefit of eliminating the people who will make their partners do more than their fair share.

Height also plays in here, but sadly it's not routinely tested for. Something about discrimination. I hate working with super short people. Even if they're strong, they are still at a significant disadvantage when carrying a patient, a disadvantage I have to make up to get the job done.