AEMT in Texas

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone,

So I am a AEMT in Michigan and am looking at moving to Texas within the next year.

Does anyone know if texas teaches the new AEMT curriculum or if they still teach the I85 and/or I 99?

The verification form from their website has I85 and I 99 still on it. So I'm not sure if it's an old form or if they are transitioning to the new curriculum.

Just wondering if anyone has any information on it.

Thank you

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hey everyone,

So I am a AEMT in Michigan and am looking at moving to Texas within the next year.

Does anyone know if texas teaches the new AEMT curriculum or if they still teach the I85 and/or I 99?

The verification form from their website has I85 and I 99 still on it. So I'm not sure if it's an old form or if they are transitioning to the new curriculum.

Just wondering if anyone has any information on it.

Thank you
Let me see if I can drum up some Texas EMS folk for you...ahem, mimimimimimimimi....
@TransportJockey, and/ or @STXmedic??..

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I beleive transition. If you are nationally registered of course its a walk in. Only way I know is because I was reading something involving a cct-p course in that state with a degree. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I beleive transition. If you are nationally registered of course its a walk in. Only way I know is because I was reading something involving a cct-p course in that state with a degree. Good luck to you!
Leave it to a fisherman.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Texas has transitioned, but it's functionally an EMT-I/85; we never really used I/99 and the patches still say "Intermediate" because there's not a lot of reason to change it. DSHS treats an AEMT certification as an Intermediate certification.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Let me see if I can drum up some Texas EMS folk for you...ahem, mimimimimimimimi....
@TransportJockey, and/ or @STXmedic??..

Thanks for forgetting me, ***.

Like rocket said. It's just titled EMT-I. AEMT, I85 and I99 all receive the same certification in Texas, that being EMT-Intermediate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chef

Forum Crew Member
Just like Rocket said..... I'm in the process of researching my educational options for advanced/intermediate whichever you want to address it as.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Might be more to it than that. When I was an I/85 getting reciprocity in TX required me to jump through some extra hoops to show competency in ETI and a few other skills that commonly are not taught in other places at the AEMT level. Calling Austin and asking is the best way to find out. The main state office is actually pretty friendly.