Advice for emt-p class

TraumasorusRex

Forum Ride Along
I'm looking at taking my emt-p starting in June. Any advice on before hand study material. I like to try and be a little ahead of the curve.

FK911

Forum Crew Member
If your using the Caroline text then start reading it now. Digest the information so u can recall it.
The Bledsoe text is much more in depth and if u can get a used copy of the 2nd edition For like 20 bucks on Amazon its worth it to have for reference.
If u want to learn cardiology go to Google and search paramedic tutor at Wordpress
Rob https://paramedictutor.net/elearner/

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Get all of your books and start reading them before class starts. While class is going on make sure to keep up with the reading. Don't get lazy. Read the text. Ask questions. Did I mention to read the text?

OP
OP
T

TraumasorusRex

Forum Ride Along
Get all of your books and start reading them before class starts. While class is going on make sure to keep up with the reading. Don't get lazy. Read the text. Ask questions. Did I mention to read the text?
From what I'm told the book that we will be using is on a ipad. But I'll have to email them and see what book it is

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
From what I'm told the book that we will be using is on a ipad. But I'll have to email them and see what book it is
I know there are classes like that. The latest one I heard of you have to pay to access the online book and then once you are done with school your access to the online book ends. That's great if you never want to use your book as a resource once you are done with class.

OP
OP
T

TraumasorusRex

Forum Ride Along
I know there are classes like that. The latest one I heard of you have to pay to access the online book and then once you are done with school your access to the online book ends. That's great if you never want to use your book as a resource once you are done with class.
Ya I'm not to happy about that idea either....But when you have it long enough there are ways to either save the material or print it off and make your own copy for future use which is what I plan on doing

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You'll find that after paramedic class the textbook is simply too basic. If you're a thinking medic that craves knowledge, you'll probably not use it for reference. Instead, you'll be buying books on Critical Care and advanced airway management.

Unless of course, you're a fire medic ... in which case you'll be buying a bolt on lift kit, Oakley sunglasses and kettle bells for your own crossfit box in the garage.