Adding some sPiCe to your Paramedic School Application

mrmonkeey1

Forum Probie
Other than the obvious 2000hours of work as an EMT for (some company) name. and a letter of recomendation... Any other things we can do that can add some ZEST to our paramedic school resume's????

Please include some links :D

OP
OP
M

mrmonkeey1

Forum Probie
Im currently attending Cal State University Fullerton for my B.S. in Chemistry. Of course i'll throw that on the application... but do you think it'll be THAT benificial?

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Im currently attending Cal State University Fullerton for my B.S. in Chemistry. Of course i'll throw that on the application... but do you think it'll be THAT benificial?

Will you be able to do both?

OP
OP
M

mrmonkeey1

Forum Probie
i figure since i'll continue going to school when im doing the 1-2 years as an EMT getting expereince. I'm already a Junior anyways.

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Community service and volunteering ALWAYS goes a long way... ecspecially if you have volunteer work with local ems and fire teaching kids safety and that kind of stuff. Just an Idea?!

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
perhaps some racy glamour shots. Rowrrrr.

I second this one... but only if you post them on here for everyone to enjoy! :p haha!

emtbill

Forum Crew Member

I don't know about the paramedic programs in your area, but with a B.S. In chemistry you're probably overqualified to be a paramedic. Most community colleges will let you into their program with a GED. Use your B.S. for medical school, PA school, or graduate school in chemistry where you'll be better paid and petter appreciated.

Maya

Forum Lieutenant
I think something like this would be appropriate.

glamourshot.jpg

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I think something like this would be appropriate.

glamourshot.jpg

That's too good and scary.

As one that reviews resume's to do interviews or not and serve on several Advisory Committee's for different programs, I recommend at looking at transferal education courses. I do wish more programs made sure that their programs and requirements are the level to be able to be transferable to a higher level institution. Alike what Vent posted. Not all courses such as those pseudo courses such as Anatomy and Physiology without lab or Microbiology for Healthcare, will always transfer; even though they are for college credit. One has to be very careful and wise in choosing courses.

It would make it better for the institution and student to keep to the traditional science and general education.

The best clinical sites available, where one can gain exposure and clinical experience. Just because one worked in an ER does not mean they had the best exposure. How much ICU and surgical rotations? What type of diversity of critical care patients did they see (Burn Unit, Cath lab, Pediatric ICU)?

R/r 911

timmy84

Forum Crew Member
Well I think the photo Maya posted really says it all... all you need is a good shot of yourself with an ambu bag and you are golden! Just make sure you are staring off into space, but with deep concentration...

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Glorify your lack of criminal violence and a letter from a psychiatrist indicating you're somewhat unlikely to rob the unconscious patients you are attending to.

(this is a joke!!!)

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
Make a video application. Like a personal ad but better. For the grand finale attempt to intubate yourself.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Make a video application. Like a personal ad but better. For the grand finale attempt to intubate yourself.

:p:p:p

Love it!!!!!!