A Thanks to this forum + The Future of Paramedicine

Paramedic Resource

Forum Crew Member
Hello EMTlife,

I've been a paramedic (EMT-P) in Alberta Canada for the past 5 years now and a lurker of this forum for years before that. I wanted to communicate a genuine thanks to the members of this forum for the indirect guidance you have provided in my professional development throughout the years. I would not be the paramedic I am today without you. So completely and genuinely, thank you.

I'm coming up on my 100th hour of EMS research and education development for my “free open access paramedical education” #FOAPed videos I've dubbed "Paramedic Resource". It's through this medium I hope to plant a seed towards the paramedic profession's actualization of potential. We know the problems our profession faces, this is an attempt to do my part in solving them.

I believe that through the gift of medical knowledge communication to other paramedics, other health professionals and to the public that paramedic's will solidify their identity, value and accession to greatness.

You can view the videos I've published so far at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1W8_TE2vMhgglKraH6CQDg or if you search “Paramedic Resource” on YouTube.

As you can see there is much improvement to be made in my content and the management of that content, I do hope though that an already noticeable difference exists from my first video to my most recent. I plan to continue this trend.

Taking my next step in continual improvement, I realize my written content, the scripts for these videos, are in desperate need of peer review. Although I've had 5 years experience in this field that is not enough to deliver the quality of content the paramedical community needs and deserves.

I'm asking this forum to help me in peer reviewing the script for the next FOAPed video (aterio- and atherosclerosis) along with scripts that follow. Any help you could offer would be warmly welcomed. Contributors to the peer review of my content will be appropriately credited in the scripts/videos they contribute to.

Please let me know your degree of interest, general reception to this idea, and thoughts on the project so far.

I'll send interested individuals my most recent script so they may tear it to pieces as they see fit.

Together with care.