A&P for Paramedics/EMS

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just curious, why the heck does EMS think that it needs some sort of "special" anatomy and physiology course and that it's too good to take the same anatomy and physiology courses that the other health care professionals take?

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Just curious, why the heck does EMS think that it needs some sort of "special" anatomy and physiology course and that it's too good to take the same anatomy and physiology courses that the other health care professionals take?

Most health care professionals do not require coloring books in order to learn. ^_^

medic417

The Truth Provider
Because we are all special. We even all ride the short bus.

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't see the need for a "special" EMS A&P and doesn't make much sense to me either..... but I think they try to tailor the A&P that is most relevant to the conditions most often encountered.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
no, they try to dumb it down just like they have done with the majority of EMS education over the last few years.................

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
The same reason we allow those that can't read above elementary level into a health care profession, again the same reason most do not use but one text book that science level is about 6-10'th grade level. Why EMS journals are the only medical journals with "pictures" in them....

Never understood why we would expect a mechanic to know the parts and working of an automobile to repair it but not expect a health professional to know the workings of the human body.

R/r 911