A little excitement tonight

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
So this isn't anything major but It made me feel really good and I knew you all would appreciate this...

My husband and I play an online multiplayer game (tight budget and lack of babysitters...we need something to do). Anyway we're in game chatting with our friends before we go out hunting and I was setting up a friend with some equipment. We were on a program called teamspeak that allows us to talk over microphones on the computer while we're playing. (you know we should consider doing that one night)

SO... Our friend Rob all of sudden isn't talking into teamspeak (this is unusual for him) then I see in my chat box...choking. He didn't spell it right and I barely made it out but I jumped on the mic and told him what to do since I knew he was alone. (the chair/counter approach). About 2 mins later he gets on the mic and is unbelievably grateful and scared. He knows my job and all we're all very good friends on the game, we've been playing together for years. And thankfully he was right in front of my character because he didn't think he'd have been able to type out the command for a private message.

I always thought if something came up I would be in the grocery store and some old bitty would drop in front of me, or a restaurant, NEVER did I imagine a situation like this arising.

So I feel pretty damn proud tonight. It's not an extravagant story by an means, but I had to share it with you guys :)

nsmedic393

Forum Probie
EMS in cyberspace.... Cool!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
nsmedic393 said:
EMS in cyberspace.... Cool!
ROFL.

Jenn, great job. It's good to know that if you get hurt or go on light duty you can always work 911 dispatch. :D