A letter I received

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I am humbled when I get letters like this. They prove to me we are on the right track.

AEMTA_Ref_Ltr_web.jpg

Veneficus

Forum Chief
congrats.

Well earned.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Nice! The training you offer is long over due and much needed.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Invest in a frame...

Excellent review, Good on ya! Get permission to use it (or quotes from it) in your advertising if you haven't already.

Best of fortune!

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I thought of you the other day when I bumped into one of my coworkers coming out of the courthouse. He had just testified against the patient who kicked him in the gut (fortunately he had no serious injuries), and she was convicted of felony assault and got 4-6 years in jail.

I was impressed that he had pressed charges. People just don't usually do that.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I thought of you the other day when I bumped into one of my coworkers coming out of the courthouse. He had just testified against the patient who kicked him in the gut (fortunately he had no serious injuries), and she was convicted of felony assault and got 4-6 years in jail.

I was impressed that he had pressed charges. People just don't usually do that.

Thanks for thinking of me :) Believe it or not, more and more are starting to press charges AND are getting convictions now that there have been a few changes in the culture of EMS;

1) It's not "part of the job" to be assaulted
2) More reporting of incidents of assault to supervisors and law enforcement
3) Senior staff not mocking those wishing to report incidents of assault.

It has taken years to try and bring about this culture change. We are finally starting to see some traction. :)