A flutter, anterior and inferior infarct, OMG.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
aeff2079-3b3d-d0e6.jpg

I love the Phillips monitor. It is a miracle machine. It can see all of that ^^^ in this vvv.

aeff2079-3b93-b83e.jpg

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
:rofl: That's one reason why I'm so excited to be potentially moving to the Zoll X's soon :D

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I've never had a problem with the Philips...that's pretty ridiculous though.

They do alarm at the most random times which usually makes most of us mute them. That's the biggest complaint I've had. Scares the bejabbers outta patients when it's constantly dinging and donging.

I like that you can see the 12-lead live rather than waiting for it to print. Non diagnostic of course but it helps capture a good one.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I post that and we get 4 12 leads in a row showing a LBBB that say ***acute mi*** on a patient with no associated symptoms other than his wife saying he isn't acting right and are forced to call a STEMI alert by protocol :rolleyes:

Wow.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Our hospital EKGs love to call everything A Fib, from SR with PACs to Junctional Rhythm.

hoop762

Forum Crew Member
I've never used a monitor that could correctly interpret rhythms...Phillips lifepak or otherwise

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
I love the Phillips monitor. It is a miracle machine. It can see all of that ^^^ in this vvv.

As a software engineer, I'd say the device is operating as intended:

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

That's one reason why I'm so excited to be potentially moving to the Zoll X's soon

Interestingly enough the 12-Lead ECG Analysis algorithm (Innovise) used by the Zoll X-Series will refuse to provide an interpretation in cases in which:
  • Too much artifact is present
  • QRSd is >140ms (suppresses MI messages)
  • QRSd >140ms and tachycardia (suppresses rhythm interp)

I've not found any others yet, but it seems to give up early rather than provide any interpretation.

Good? Bad? I don't know yet, beginning 1 August we'll have them on our trucks (replacing LP12's) so we'll see!