A couple questions

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
Im coming to the end of my EMT-B class and I had a couple questions of how you get fully certified:

-If you don't pass the class can you still take the State/NREMT?

-Do you have to pass both the State/NREMT to become certified?

-If you fail either the State or the NREMT do you have to take the EMT-B class again?

...A little nervous of how things are going to turn out :wacko:

Thanks EMTLife!

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

If you do not pass the class then you cannot take the state or NREMT exam.

As for the others, it depends on the state. Some states use the NREMT as their means of issuing you a certification/license and don't actually have a state exam. Other states either have a state exam or accept the NREMT. Some states do not accept the NREMT.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Im coming to the end of my EMT-B class and I had a couple questions of how you get fully certified:

-Do you have to pass both the State/NREMT to become certified?

-If you fail either the State or the NREMT do you have to take the EMT-B class again?

...A little nervous of how things are going to turn out :wacko:

Thanks EMTLife!

if you dont pass the class you can not take the NREMT.

your in California which means there is the NREMT and no state test. but yes you have to pass the NREMT to become certified.

you have i believe 3 chances to pass the NREMT. if you dont pass then you have to take an EMT refresher course. if you pass the refresher course then you have 3 more chances at the NREMT. if you still dont pass the NREMT then you have to retake the whole EMT class.