A blog post from a participant

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Awesome pics, I'd love to take your class!

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Awesome pics, I'd love to take your class!
Thanks so much. I am really proud of how well our Denver crew does.
They are a fantastic group of instructors that really teach my material the way it
is supposed to be presented.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Now that I am dropping to PRN on the ambivalence to focus on DT4EMS, I will be able to travel more than I have in the past. So hopefully I can meet some of my friends from here face to face.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Thanks so much. I am really proud of how well our Denver crew does.
They are a fantastic group of instructors that really teach my material the way it
is supposed to be presented.

Does your program teach mostly companies or are classes open to "unaffiliated" persons. I live in Colorado Springs for much of the year but do not work for an organization that would be interested in sending me to your program. The ambulance company I work for in Boston is also not likely to do so, but I am personally interested.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
He allows unaffiliated people to take the class.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
If you ever run a class in the NJ/NY/Philly area, please let me know, and I would be very interested in taking it.

nemedic

Forum Captain
Do you have any east coast instructors? I am also interested in attending the class. Tigger and I are both located in the Boston area, so it looks like there are at least 2 potential students for a Boston area class.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I would definatly attend a course in Southern California.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Does your program teach mostly companies or are classes open to "unaffiliated" persons. I live in Colorado Springs for much of the year but do not work for an organization that would be interested in sending me to your program. The ambulance company I work for in Boston is also not likely to do so, but I am personally interested.

Denver Health runs classes regularly. They have some dates coming up. On my front page at DT4EMS.com there is a list of upcoming classes. Jeff, Al and Otis do an amazing job. That was one of their students that did the blog post.

The only people that have to be affiliated are those wishing to become instructors. We want agencies to be providing the training and ultimately not having front line staff foot the bill.

Now as far as other locations, we will travel anywhere provided we are hosted. Or you can always contact the host agency and see if they have any slots. I think there are 5 slots left in the upcoming Durham class at DTCC in July.

Thank you for your support all. It has been a battle getting this type of training seen as "needed"........... but now with all of the studies and news finally getting on admin's desks, they have hard time stating there is no need.

FYI.......... I have a ton of free articles, videos and news of assaults on the DT4EMS forums. My forums are more of a spot of my collection of scene safety stuff that you can comment or ask questions on. Not really a spot for medical related talk. That's what EMTLife is for :)

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Do you have any east coast instructors? I am also interested in attending the class. Tigger and I are both located in the Boston area, so it looks like there are at least 2 potential students for a Boston area class.

New Britain EMS in CT, I have a guy in PA and a guy in Worcester. You can PM Newenglandeve here in the forums. He is from Worcester.

JeffDHMC

Forum Lieutenant
I'm in Denver, PM me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmmm I might make a trip to Denver if I can get in on your class

JeffDHMC

Forum Lieutenant
Nice, the guy on the floor posturing is me.

For the record; DT4EMS curriculum does not train providers to lay people out in such dramatic fashion. The guy that popped me is a former LEO that reverted to previous training under a stressful situation.

As an aside; one of the major benefits of Kip's program is the predominate use of the FIST suit (or the equivelent). I've been to a lot of different types of safety training and have yet to find one that actually offers participants the chance pressure test what they've learned against a resisting opponent.