68w in CSH?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Currently in the Guard in a different MOS at a unit that's now 4 hours away. Working to transfer to a closer unit and reclass in the process. There are 2 CSH units in my state on the reserve side and I'm kind curious how the 68w's get used. Obviously I know what the general drill weekend will be like and I assume in a CSH it would be triage, evac, jack of all/master of none type work.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
You're basically an ED tech / LVN/ janitor / Cog in the Wheel. Really depends on the mission and leadership of the unit and the situation you might find yourself in. If ever deployed, you'll do more advanced medical stuff than an average infantry-line medic 68W like me, but you won't be anywhere near as cool lol.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
You're basically an ED tech / LVN/ janitor / Cog in the Wheel. Really depends on the mission and leadership of the unit and the situation you might find yourself in. If ever deployed, you'll do more advanced medical stuff than an average infantry-line medic 68W like me, but you won't be anywhere near as cool lol.

Ha! Yeah with this move for my civilian EMS I'm 3 1/2 hours from my home guard unit. So I'm debating moving to a reserve CSH unit about an hour away and maybe trying to move to the RT MOS down the line or stay guard and just reclass and move to a unit closer, maybe try for flight in the guard.