"25I" or "Smiles" anyone heard of it yet?

Anjel

Forum Angel
So now that bath salts are illegal around here. This is the next problem.

It is a hallucegan that can be snorted or taken sublingual. It provides effects like ecstasy but has some nasty side effects. And because its new, it's still legal.

Here is an article.
http://www.soberliving.com/resources/addictions/25i-dime-25c-nbome-dob-new-class-of-psychedelic-drug

Strong open-eye/closed-eye hallucinations
Feelings of profoundness similar to other psychedelics
Increased sexual desire
Feelings of euphoria
Intensified emotions
Vasoconstriction
Nausea

Apparently it has already killed a handful of teens in Richmond, VA.

pbdunc

Forum Ride Along
25I struck at Voodoo fest in New Orleans. dealers are using festival goers as guinea pigs. see article for details of 21 year olds death after one drop
(sorry i cant post links because im brand new but heres the article)

**CL Edit: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/11/21-year-old_dies_after_one_dro.html
21-year-old dies after one drop of new synthetic drug at Voodoo Fest
By Naomi Martin, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on November 01, 2012 at 9:07 PM, updated November 01, 2012 at 10:55 PM

The best friends had traveled together to music festivals all over the country. Sometimes, they would take drugs. But they had one rule: Never accept drugs from strangers.

Clayton Otwell, 21
Family photo
But on Saturday, after a night drinking vodka-Red Bulls at Voodoo Festival at City Park, 21-year-old Clayton Otwell, of Little Rock, Ark., apparently forgot his rule, said Mandie Newell, his best friend and companion at the festival.

A stranger, wanting to repay Otwell for helping find his cell phone, offered Otwell a free dose of 25-I, a new synthetic hallucinogenic drug. As Newell watched, her friend knelt and the stranger plopped a single drop from a vial into Otwell's nose.

Otwell immediately started babbling incoherently, Newell said. She got him to the medical tent at the festival, but within 30 minutes, he had a seizure and never regained consciousness. Taken to Tulane University Hospital, he was placed on life support Saturday night; he died Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Medico

Forum Lieutenant
I've seen patients with it in RVA. Last June when it was still new in the area, all reported over doses resulted in death or some sort of neuro deficit. Not sure if that is still the case. The protocols for this drug were to give Valium and tx to VCU medical center for evaluation and studies.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
There was a temporary ban put on it in here in Michigan.

Hopefully it stays away.