2012 CL Election Results

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Before I announce the official results of the CL Election, I would like to take a moment and thank everyone involved, from the existing CL's, to the candidates, to the most important part - our members. I know this process seems like a hassle or a waste of time to some people, but I want to assure you it is not. It is a method we implemented to give our members a say in how this forum is run.

That being said, here are the official results. These results are different than the ones that show up in the poll (http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=32789) because we had to discard the votes of members that voted for more than one candidate.

Aidey 31
Akulahawk 19
emt.dan 13
Epi-do 19
firefite 24
n7lxi 38
Tigger 27

Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66

I would like to be the first to welcome our newest Community Leaders -
Aidey
n7lxi
Tigger

Achilles

Forum Moron
There's 18,000+ members on this site and 66 voted!
Wow.
Why not prune inactive users?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
There's 18,000+ members on this site and 66 voted!
Wow.
Why not prune inactive users?

Just because they didn't vote doesn't mean they don't visit.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Congratulations to the new CLs.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Congrats guys! Welcome to the club

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Congrats guys :)

You're going to love it :) or hate it :( possibly both at the same time. Almost certainly both at the same time.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Welcome to our new Community Leaders, thanks to all of those that were willing to run, and thanks to our members that voted!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
To the new community leaders this forum: congratulations!

I don't know if you will like it, hate it, or something in between, but I guarantee you this: this is going to be probably the most different ride of your lives. I'm in a moderator position it on another forum and if this forum is like that one, it's going to be very different on the "backside". You are also going to need to be a little bit more careful about what you do or say on the public side of this forum because in a sense you are a face of the leadership of this forum, and therefore you have to be sure that you are not publicly advocating a position that the forum would not be prepared to support you on.

Just something to be a little bit careful of in the future.

Once again, my most sincere congratulations to the 3 of you that were elected Community Leader.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Congrats to Aidey, N7lxi and Tigger

...and to all the others that took the risk!

To the new CLs I say you'll find, as I did, the part of the job about reading all posts turns into a real eye-opener. I always saw it as an opportunity to really get the Big Picture of EMS.

(Yes, the stuff here is THAT good and relevant!)

You'll also be amazed with the ins and outs of your love/hate relationship with the 100% Directionless Thread, a truly unique part of this site.

By all means, enjoy this cast of characters!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Just cause they haven't logged in doesn't mean they aren't welcome back. No need to delete users unless space becomes an issue.

Congrats to the new CLs.

Aidey

My first action now that I've been elected will be to introduce a bill to change all the CLs names to purple, on the grounds that red is ugly and not a very calming color.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
When their last login was 2006, pretty sure they're done visiting with that username.

Just cause they haven't logged in doesn't mean they aren't welcome back. No need to delete users unless space becomes an issue.

Congrats to the new CLs.

Exactly. Members come and go. I know of a few members who have signed up, started medic school, and were so bogged down with that, working and life in general, that the didn't visit again until after they graduated.

They are always welcome back, and I would hate to tell them their username is gone because we decided to prune the accounts.

My first action now that I've been elected will be to introduce a bill to change all the CLs names to purple, on the grounds that red is ugly and not a very calming color.

I have a good feeling that that bill will be squashed, quickly. :p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Congrats to our new CLs... I fully intend on making your new job hell.

-medic417

Aidey

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider

See I told everyone the new CL's would abuse their power.:rofl:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I see red! Panic!

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader