2 EMTs, patient killed in Ga. ambulance wreck

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
OCILLA, Ga. — An ambulance with its lights and sirens on collided Thursday with a semitrailer on a Georgia highway, killing the two medics and the patient on board, authorities said.
http://www.ems1.com/ems-products/am...-2-EMTs-patient-killed-in-Ga-ambulance-wreck/

I don't think I saw anybody post this up.

Only part of it that doesn't really make sense to me is where it said

The State Patrol says the patient was Charles Arvin Smith, 65, of Tifton. The emergency medical technicians were identified as Teresa Ann Davis, 44, of Axson, who was driving the ambulance; and Randall Whiddon, 56, of Ashburn, who was riding in the front passenger seat.
Who was in the back with the patient?! I am guessing it was the Whiddon, and they probably were trying to describe the captain's chair or something.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I wondered the same thing when I read about it.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Whiddon was in the back....

Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days and weeks. These two were friends and coworkers and they will be missed by all of us, it is such a tragic loss that words cannot begin to describe.

And as usual lets all try to be more careful on the roads, transporting is by far our most dangerous part of the job and we cannot predict what someone will do.

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
Very saddening. RIP friends. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected.