Texas EMS

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Near Austin? Williamson County EMS. Acadian isn't bad either, for all that they're a private company.
No idea on pay in that area, but even if it was the same salary you're making in CA, you'd get a pay raise since there's no income tax from the state coming out of your paycheck, just federal.
Licensed is just a way TX differentiates the medics who want to pay a little more and have a degree. In all EMS jobs in TX that I've seen, LPs and EMT-Ps are paid the same amount.

Thanks for the info...

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
The good thing is that you get your foot in the door. I've Been a Medic for 12 years but I'm really considering ATCEMS. Can't beat working for a County Agency versus private. I currently work in SoCal and this area is deseased with shady low paying companies. And a few that offer gurney jockey services to the Fire depts AKA 911 companies

Dude you know you can work at Hall right? Not a gurney jockey, bls fire, priority dispatch, beautiful stations and rigs, pay etc... there is tons of info on it just research

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Dude you know you can work at Hall right? Not a gurney jockey, bls fire, priority dispatch, beautiful stations and rigs, pay etc... there is tons of info on it just research

I've met a lot of their EMTs and Paramedics and they have all consistently said the same good things about their employment there... In fact its very common to see a more older and experienced crowd as well in addition to the younger guys...from the outside looking in I think it seems like one of the best companies and yeah your right the units and crews look squared away. It must be a good place when you see employee longevity. Only reason its not an option for me is that you have to work on a 12 hour shift down in Bakersfield area for about 6 months that's about a 3 hour drive for me..I'm completely out of options here in the SoCal I can't go back to school I don't live at home...so I'm hoping this ATCEMS works out but who knows how many EMTs are gonna show up...since I think EMTs can apply as well

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
I've met a lot of their EMTs and Paramedics and they have all consistently said the same good things about their employment there... In fact its very common to see a more older and experienced crowd as well in addition to the younger guys...from the outside looking in I think it seems like one of the best companies and yeah your right the units and crews look squared away. It must be a good place when you see employee longevity. Only reason its not an option for me is that you have to work on a 12 hour shift down in Bakersfield area for about 6 months that's about a 3 hour drive for me..I'm completely out of options here in the SoCal I can't go back to school I don't live at home...so I'm hoping this ATCEMS works out but who knows how many EMTs are gonna show up...since I think EMTs can apply as well

If its anything like the fire Depts here and ive only applied twice in 12 years its probably gonna be thousands of cool dudes trying get a shot at the title of hero

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

Do Wht many do. Just room with other employees from LA, oc, ie
Like myself . Until a 48 open that you like whicy is every bid. 8 days off every 10th day. We have people from San Fran, temecula, OC, tons from LA, and IE. If we work bako we just room together. Then go home on the days off.

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Do Wht many do. Just room with other employees from LA, oc, ie
Like myself . Until a 48 open that you like whicy is every bid. 8 days off every 10th day. We have people from San Fran, temecula, OC, tons from LA, and IE. If we work bako we just room together. Then go home on the days off.

Hey thanks for the advice I'm definitely gonna look into it

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
If you want a different flavor of AMR, EMSA is hiring in Tulsa and OKC.

RMTMedic

Forum Probie
I can see that... I'm considering Austin area. It seems like Texas is where its at if your a Paramedic. What good Agencies are in the area . I will be out there for ATCEMS test very soon here ...I just applied for AMR in Austin. What's Average pay for Companies in the area for Medics and do they compensate you for experience. Also I just spoke to Texas EMS and I just have to retake NREMT written again since I let it lapse ...also since I don't have a Degree I'm not considered Licensed I will be Certified although that has no relevance to scope. Can anyone elaborate on that I'm a little confused ...
Not a bit of difference in what you can do according to the state. Maybe pay depending on the department and you get Licensed Paramedic on your patch. Woopie!!!