Robert Wood Johnson BLS, ignored after interview.

NJEMT19

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,
My name is Andrew and I am a 19 year old NJ EMT. I applied for a bls, per diem position in RWJ New Brunswick back in December. I had an interview with RWJ in February and was told I would be notified if I got hired within two weeks. I waited 2 weeks, did not receive a reply, then waited two more weeks before contacting the EMS supervisor and other members of the EMS department. They said I had to await a response from Human resources and that they had no information for me, that was almost 4 weeks ago. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced a similar situation with RWJ and if they just ignore you if they do not want to hire you. I am pretty sure they do not want to hire me but do you think I should continue to contact them and ask for a status update? Does anybody know of someone in Human resources in RWJ New Brunswick that hires ems I could contact? Thanks for all your guys feedback.

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
I would be persistent (but polite) until you get some type of answer. Hospital systems can be very slow, even if you have in fact gotten the job.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Well, you an always call human resources and ask for the generalist that handles EMS......

hospital EMS systems in NJ have a very bad habit of calling you back if you get the job, and if you aren't selected, you won't hear from them ever again. I'm still waiting to hear the results from my application for JFK Hospital EMS.... it's only been 23 months........ suffice it to say, I haven't been holding my breath... and I have followed up with both HR and the EMS department, and they keep giving me the run around.

best advice I can give you is apply to other places, and don't hold your breath on RWJ. Apply elsewhere, and if RWJ offers you the job, take it, but don't expect to get the offer until you actually get the formal notice from HR.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The only "no" answer is them actually telling you that they are not going to hire you. Call until you get an answer.