Right Side MI and Nitro

18G

Paramedic
Soooo, if I were to tell everyone that the American College of Cardiology listed NTG in RVI as a class III intervention (not helpful and possibly harmful) as a a consensus opinion would everyone still think it was important in managing RVI?

I'm conflicted and haven't seen solid evidence one way or the other. Pretty much its just been differing opinions. Perhaps an ACE inbibitor for afterload reduction may be a good idea in these patients?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Soooo, if I were to tell everyone that the American College of Cardiology listed NTG in RVI as a class III intervention (not helpful and possibly harmful) as a a consensus opinion would everyone still think it was important in managing RVI?

Always stirring the pot :D

Rettsani

Forum Captain

The link is helpful..:)

You could do a right side ECG. But what would really give you an initial idea of where the infarction might be would be seeing what leads showed reciprocal ST depression and Which ones would not. On a RVMI you'd see these depressions in Leads I, aVl, V5, and V6. You might also note a slower heart rate and a lower than expected BP.

Remember MI's aren't just about elevation. It's more than that. There is a bigger picture. We need to look at the whole thing.

Regardless of the type of the ECG lead and my thinking error, I just wanted to express what you write. But somehow I have not found the right words. Thank"s !! :)

It's really great that I finally get new perspectives.

I would be very interested in what in your learning materials so everything is written in relation to heart disease and the treatment. Maybe had someone of you to read a script for myself and learn ? :)

Last edited by a moderator: