Question about CMA Accreditation

MedicDelta

Forum Crew Member
Hello,
So I took my EMR course with the JIBC, their PCP and ACP courses are both accredited by the CMA. But it says nothing on their site(and I don't ever remember hearing anything) about their EMR course being accredited. Does the fact that their PCP and ACP courses being accredited mean every paramedic course they teach is accredited? Or does EMR not need to be accredited because it's the lowest level? Might seem like a stupid question but I've just always wondered about that, thanks for the help in advance.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I know the CMA accredits PCP, ACP and CCP but I can find in any of their documents where they accredit EMR programs.

OP
OP
MedicDelta

MedicDelta

Forum Crew Member
I know the CMA accredits PCP, ACP and CCP but I can find in any of their documents where they accredit EMR programs.
Yeah it's weird.. I've never heard of an EMR course being accredited by the CMA. Maybe because not all provinces use it and it's more of a first responder level?

cprted

Forum Captain
There no EMR accreditation. Its up to each province's licensing body to determine which programs are acceptable.

I'm pretty sure BC, Alberta, and Sask are the only provinces that regulate and license EMRs. Everywhere else, EMR is just an advanced first aid ticket.

OP
OP
MedicDelta

MedicDelta

Forum Crew Member
There no EMR accreditation. Its up to each province's licensing body to determine which programs are acceptable.

I'm pretty sure BC, Alberta, and Sask are the only provinces that regulate and license EMRs. Everywhere else, EMR is just an advanced first aid ticket.
Manitoba and Newfoundland actually license them as well. Thanks for the info.