PHOTOS TO SELL

Rescuelou123

Forum Crew Member
HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN SELL PICTURES OF FIRE/RESCUE CALLS. TO DEPT. AND NEWS PAPERS.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
SoMe DePaRtMeNtS hAvE tHeIr OwN PhOtOgRaPhErS. NeWs AgEnCiEs WiLl BuY oFf ThE pUbLiC, bUt SoMe MaY ReQuIrE sOmE tYpE oF pReSs PaSs SiNcE yOu'D bE cOnSiDeReD a "StRiNgEr." It'S gEoGrApHiCaLly DePeDeNt ThOuGh.

I'd PuT tOgEtHeR a PoRtFoLiO oF yOuR bEsT sTuFf AnD sHoP iT aRoUnD dIfFeReNT pLaCeS tO sEe If ThEy'Re InTeReStEd.

OP
OP
Rescuelou123

Rescuelou123

Forum Crew Member
YEAH I KNOW BUT HOW CAN I DO THAT. ITS HARD FOR ME TO WORK A COMPUTER.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I'd buy a flash drive. You can then just drag the pictures you want into the flash drive.

Anjel

Forum Angel
WHY ARE WE YELLING!?0

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Are these A) Your calls? Or B) random calls you come upon?
If A) do your job instead of taking pictures. If you're not needed and have time to take pictures, why haven't you cleared yet.
If B) get the F off someone else's scene. Not only would hipaa hippo be displeased with your handling of protected health information, but I'll be upset when I see you creeping in the corner of my scene with a camera.

OP
OP
Rescuelou123

Rescuelou123

Forum Crew Member
Guys take it easy man just joke. If I had time to take pictures of fire scenes I wouldn't be a volunteer. Lol

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I don't see what's wrong with photographing public scenes in public spaces. There's a guy in my area who does it and his work is really good.

And HIPAA does not apply to journalists or artists; even if it did it's easy enough to block out or omit any identifying information.

Last edited:

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Hipaa hippo does not care about the legalities of hipaa, he just looks at you displeased anyway.

image.jpg

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
As a seasonal I took pictures on some of the wild land fires I was on, I did this when we were NOT actively working on the fire line. I took them when we were taking a break or back at the engine. I took them for my own personal use and would never think of selling them let alone posting to any social media. Reasoning behind it is because its an active arson investigation and is technically considered evidence until proven otherwise. As a EMT working in a EMS system I would never dream of taking pictures (on scene) with a intent to sell them, thats just asking for a disciplinary issue.

As far as Joe Blow sapping pictures/ video in a public place then I have no problem with that its their right to be there. At the very least I would try my best to be a patient advocate and protect their identity.

Overall taking pictures on/ of emergency scenes and selling them or posting them to social media is bad juju.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Why is it that EVERYTIME someone gets called out on here for something that may or not be completely moronic, they then claim they were joking.

Just own it. Don't talk about it, be about it.

And for the love of Jesus, stop typing in all caps...