Paramedic TV shows

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant
There is Ep 11 on youtbe you just have to search for it. Ill add it in the morrning.

homingmissile

Forum Crew Member
I also started watching Recruits: Paramedics.

As a heads-up for anyone who hasn't seen it, NBC will have the entire two seasons of Trauma on their website until September 16.

Note: Episode 10 "Blue Balloon" is missing for some reason, but you can find it on Hulu.

Catch it while you can.

hibiti87

Forum Crew Member
i was a little shocked that its only 8 weeks of classroom time and then a field internship to become a paramedic in australia. Also you guys still use the green whistle which is no longer in use in America. The motorcycle paramedics are pretty cool as well, just running around injecting people with narcan haha. How long is the field internship by the way?

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
i was a little shocked that its only 8 weeks of classroom time and then a field internship to become a paramedic in australia. Also you guys still use the green whistle which is no longer in use in America. The motorcycle paramedics are pretty cool as well, just running around injecting people with narcan haha. How long is the field internship by the way?

It varies state by state but up in Queensland its 2.5 years, which I am about to finish. Paid all the time

OP
OP
N

nswAU

Forum Probie

Sort of, youre back in class after that 8 weeks for more training and you don't become a qualified "Paramedic" until 3 years after youre first on road. Then you can apply to undertake intensive care and extended care scat/rescue chopper training etc. not many are accepted directly in the route you saw in the show, it's moving (to a complete in the next year or 2) Graduate entry only, in In which it's a 3 year uni degree prior to being accepted into the service.

I think the methoxyflurane is a pretty versatile and effective drug, I think I've read here that some US systems might introduce it in the form. I know it's side effects aren't large (as its not used in the quantities it was used
Formerly in surgical GA)

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
Actually one big issue of any medical related shows in the United States is the whole right to privacy. Especially when it comes to EMS work, no one wants to be seen on camera as having medical problems, and they wouldn't want to be bugged to sign the waiver form like they do in police reality shows. Its aslo rare to see any shows that focus soley on the Emergency Room reality. I highly down there will be any good reality EMS shows in the US. Drama shows yes, but Trauma only lasted one season, partly due to low ratings and being expensive to film in San Francisco.

Lol unreal , ppl sign waivers after getting arrested for prostitution and bs like that but they won't sign one for a femur fx or a really cool car accident (no that no one dies in of course) :(

Trauma was ok, but I found it a bit ...mmm insulting.

Maybe one day they'll work it all out and there will be a legit show on tv about EMT/paramedics that isn't lame and doesn't make us look like boneheads lol

hibiti87

Forum Crew Member
well correct me if im wrong, but by allowing them to air footage of their arrest they get a deduction in their sentence or fees from what i hear. Perhaps we should do the same for EMS related television? give them a discount on their medical bills if they allow us to air the footage :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

nswAU

Forum Probie
Maybe we're just a little bit more "laid back" here then you guys and your patients are in the states. Perhaps something to do with the patient not worrying over the hospital bill and only the mundane ambulance bill (if they didnt opt for a $40 a year sub or arent pensioners) under our "universal system' :p

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
well correct me if im wrong, but by allowing them to air footage of their arrest they get a deduction in their sentence or fees from what i hear. Perhaps we should do the same for EMS related television? give them a discount on their medical bills if they allow us to air the footage :rofl:

I didn't know they get a reduction in sentence/fees. Hmm.
Ya right free ambu. Ride just sign this waiver--ain't happenin! Lol

Vetitas86

Forum Lieutenant
I've been thinking about writing a pilot for one just for the hell of it. Trying to branch out from the usual. Now if I can figure out how to write a screenplay, I'll be set lol.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
There are lots of books out there on writing screenplays and it's important you learn the form for the medium, which is pretty consistent no matter whose "method" of writing you refer to.

...and if you're a writer. WRITE!

Vetitas86

Forum Lieutenant
Haha that's what I'm doing tonight, actually. Should be picking up a how to guide on screenplays this week. :)

I've got to start writing more. I'm a little rusty since I quit my reporting gig.

OP
OP
N

nswAU

Forum Probie
rest of the series. Enjoyy.

Ep 7

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZdU2ePpbr4&list=UUTU3J9NUpbwa1IzfzywgD-Q&index=15&feature=plpp_video[/YOUTUBE]

Ep 8

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3pXMI1Q6Gk&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

Ep 9

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIVPhIB86zU&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Ep 10
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5daMIPF8EA&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Ep 11

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsSQa2z437Q[/YOUTUBE]

IvanD

Forum Crew Member
Episode 12....? :rolleyes: