NREMT Skills Testing

EMT533

The Rookie
Hello all!

I am about to do my NREMT skills testing. I feel confident in my knowledge, but nervous about the testing itself. I can run through and accomplish the skill sheets with ease during scenarios, but in the mock testing room I completely blanked. It's was very strange. Any helpful advice or tips to not blank would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Memorize the check off sheet.
There is no magic to this.
This +1

If you are having trouble, go through it with a friend. Start from the top. Each time you mess up, go back to the beginning.

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
Have a lot of different people test you. Don't have the same person over and over again. Get used to working scenarios with different people. Variety will help.

Bluemtnsky

Forum Probie
This may be a little late but, from an observer standpoint (I was a volunteer patient/victim for the practice/test) the advice to just memorize the check list is good.

Also in the medical scenarios, those that wrote stuff down on a little notepad or the back of their glove as they went through the list seemed to fare better than those that didn't. Several straight off 'numbered' their own check list as they started the scenario and those didn't seem to miss anything.

OP
OP
EMT533

EMT533

The Rookie
Thanks a bunch guys. I kicked *** and passed all of them the first time. Now everything I have left is the final, oral boards, clinicals, and the NREMT. Once I got over the nerves I was fine. Then my instructor told me,"You need to get over your fear of failure because in the field you can do everything right and your patient still dies."