1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.

NetFlix

Discussion in 'EMS Lounge' started by MMiz, Apr 14, 2005.

1. MMiz

MMiz I put the M in EMTLife Community Leader

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    I know a lot of people in EMS watch a lot of movies, and was wondering if anyone has tried out either NetFlix or Blockbuster Online.

Both give you a free month trial, and send you three DVDs at a time. You watch them at your leisure, and send them back. They send out the next three on your list. Blockbuster even gives you two coupons for free in-store rentals.

I've used both for a few months now, and blockbuster provides much faster service for me (though BlockBuster and NetFlix are both returned to distribution centers only a few miles away).

Anyone else use either service?
  2. medic03

medic03 New Member

EMS Training:
    Critical Care Paramedic
    netflix. no problems here with it.
  3. rescuecpt

rescuecpt Community Leader Emeritus

EMS Training:
    EMT-Intermediate
    I heard a netflix ad on the radio the other day - I was surprised because at the end the little lawyer guy said "2 dvd's at a time, maximum 4 per month"... maybe it's a different plan? I always thought it was 3 at a time unlimited per month.
  4. KEVD18

KEVD18 New Member

netflix since it came out. only one time did i have a problem and they sorted it out right quick
  5. MMiz

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    Generally we return movies only a day or two after we get 'em, so I'm guessing they're rate-limiting us. They admit to such practices, and also admit that newer members and those who rent less are first in line for the hard-to-get movies, so it seems we haven't been getting those lately. Generally it's a great service though, and definitely worth the fee.

Cpt, they're really known for their 3-at-a-time program, but to compete with Blockbuster and WalMart's cheeper services, they're being sneaky and throwing the price out there for the two-at-a-time, four a month program.

I like 'em though :)
  6. emt3225

emt3225 New Member

i have blockbuster online...really awsome...never any problems with them..i do believe that both these movie services offer the same thing, but netflix charges only $12 while blockbuster charges $15...enjoy :blink:
  7. Jon

Jon Administrator Community Leader

EMS Training:
    EMT-Paramedic
    I've had netflix for several months now. I love it. I drive by their distribution postal facility going to and from work, so I can drop off there and it will be in the box the next AM, no problem.

I've had a few movies go missing, and I've reported them, and gotten replacements, no problem.

Usually I get my movies within a 2-3 day turnaround.

I'm signing up to try blockbuster now...

Jon
  8. MMiz

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    Jon,

Promotional Code word "friends" will give you a free month instead of just two weeks, I hope you didn't sign up yet!
  9. CodeSurfer

CodeSurfer New Member

I really love the movies on demand from the cable company... we can control it all right there with our remote and it is probably less expensive since my bf and I barely have time to sleep let alone watch movies.
  10. TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Paramedic
    Blockbuster is cheaper