Los Angeles Hospitals and EMS

xnuralratiugx

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I just moved back to LA and was wondering if anyone can give me the down low on who the good companies are and which hospitals use EMTs as ER techs. I've got plenty of experience so I'd like to shoot for the companies that do 911 response and not just an entry level job. Thanks for the help!

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey guys, I just moved back to LA and was wondering if anyone can give me the down low on who the good companies are and which hospitals use EMTs as ER techs. I've got plenty of experience so I'd like to shoot for the companies that do 911 response and not just an entry level job. Thanks for the help!

As I understand it, EMTs don't do 911 in SoCal.

Last edited by a moderator:

terrible one

Always wandering
In LA most you will do as an EMT is push a gurney around, and that is with the 911 providers ( amr, schaefer, McCormick, care )

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It all depends on your area. For instance I'm in SoCal. I'm an EMT but I work alongside a medic. But I believe for LA all EMTs can do are the BLS ambulances.

surfinluke

Forum Crew Member
We assist Medics with ALS Interventions in the back and work to the scope of our practice. Helping with 12 leads, d-stick checks, and meds.