Local Teen in need of Double Lung Transplant ***PLEASE READ***

2003Slobra

Forum Ride Along
As some of you may know, I am a EMT/Fire Fighter Student at Coral Springs Fire Academy. An Instructor of ours let us know of a special Teen who lives in the area who is in dire need of some help.

Her name is Brieanna and she has Cystic Fibrosis. CF is a disease in which there is no cure for. It is an inherited birth defect that is carried with a life expectancy of just over 33 years. CF causes the body to produce a very thick mucus in the lungs that causes infections and makes breathing very difficult and greatly limits what a person can do physically on a daily basis.

The only way they can increase the life expectancy of Brieanna is with a Double Lung Transplant. The cost of the operation alone will be in excess of $500,000 Dollars. While insurance covers part of the operation, it doesn't cover it all.

That is where Coral Springs Fire Department and EMS steps in. Each Station and School are trying to raise money to help the cost on her surgery. We are holding car washes and various benefits to try to get as much as we can to try to make the years to come as pain free as possible.

I am going the extra step and reaching out here to ask for help. I am not here to ask for you're money, but if you could donate it would be greatly appreciated. Now, I am fairly new here so I don't want to step on any toes. If this post is out of line in any way, please let me know and I will delete it ASAP. I didn't know what the rules were to something like this, so I have no problem trying to make things right and taking it down.

Donations can be sent sent to www.cotaforbrieannay.com

I want to thank you for taking the time in reading this. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The CL team has verified the authenticity of this request, but we would like to ask that we not have any more of these types of requests until we can come up with a policy about how to handle them.