just in case

Sasha

Forum Chief
No, you need a full ALS kit with some extras from the hospital first. I recommend spending some quality time in the ER supply room. Chest tube trays,thoracotomy trays, a heart lung machine, anything you can find.

Dont forget the NICU trailer for your car.

rmellish

Forum Captain
But as long as I'm duty, I'm totally covered by Good Samaritan. I mean, Good Sam's gonna cover the last emergency appendectomy I did on the side of the road....right?

Sasha

Forum Chief
But as long as I'm duty, I'm totally covered by Good Samaritan. I mean, Good Sam's gonna cover the last emergency appendectomy I did on the side of the road....right?

Of course! And the gastric bypass.

OP
OP
daedalus

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
But your Honor, She was SOOO morbidly obese that NOT preforming emergency field gastric bypass would have been criminally negligent!

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member

It should in Washington. I just got a full mobile surgical suite installed in my backpack! Despite the fact that I live 2 minutes from a level 1 trauma center, there will come the day that I have to perform an emergency aortic repair in the middle of the quad. I took a learning annex course and got the patch for it...

firecoins

IFT Puppet
My basement is an exact duplicate of the NYPD's 13th precinct.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Where is your portable hyperbaric chamber!? Gosh! And you call yourself a medic!

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
Where is your portable hyperbaric chamber!? Gosh! And you call yourself a medic!

Sasha, I'm only a basic! We dont get hyperbaric chambers until we at least hit EMT-I down here. Now if I were to go work a few minutes away in Maryland or Virginia... Oh well, gotta get back to doing the field femoral cutdown!

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
My whole care is pressure sealed and capable of positive and negative pressures

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
My whole care is pressure sealed and capable of positive and negative pressures

Very impressive, but unless you have a daVinci surgical robot mounted behind the light bar on your POV, I wont be blown away.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I just keep a rollout revetment in my trunk.

Back up to the scene, unroll the landing strip, and a passing military C-17 will sense my need and land to set up their field hospital.