just in case

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anybody know where I could get bottled helium? I want to put an intra-aortic ballon pump machine in the back of my car with my jump kit in case I stumble upon a critical care patient in a traffic collision or something. B)

Also, i am considering a portable ultrasound in case I suspect internal bleeding with my 110 hours of training.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Prehospital FAST exams? Interesting.

OP
OP
daedalus

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Why not? Another skill I can brag about!

Besides, I once watched a six minute youtube video on FAST exams. I am obviously competent enough.

Bosco578

Forum Captain
Does anybody know where I could get bottled helium? I want to put an intra-aortic ballon pump machine in the back of my car with my jump kit in case I stumble upon a critical care patient in a traffic collision or something. B)

Also, i am considering a portable ultrasound in case I suspect internal bleeding with my 110 hours of training.

LOL, you Rock!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Do you have an ECMO? I just put one in the trunk of my Smart car-- im sure the time will come up soon when I find a neonate and it will be absolutely nessecary-- and I will have saved a life.

What is this world coming to?

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Scout

Para-Noid
Ultra-scoud Can be found here you need to have a look and insure that its is calibrated correctly and also which type of ultra sound you require. you may need to invest in a number of different instruments depending on where and when you need it, may i suggest a portable one and one that can be placed on a stand at a stationary venue. This could be adapted when the patient is in a prone semi recumbent position.

As for the helium, many gas company's supply helium in small portable cylinders for use in the party industry, i might suggest contacting AirProducts at 0800 389 0202. Talk to Ján Itor he helped me out in the past with attaining a disposable carbon wrap cylinder (33% more gas that a "D")

OP
OP
daedalus

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you have an ECMO? I just put one in the trunk of my Smart car-- im sure the time will come up soon when I find a neonate and it will be absolutely nessecary-- and I will have saved a life.

What is this world coming to?

I have a level three NICU in my garage, so I got the ECMO covered. I am building a rig that can fit an ECMO machine in the summer.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Do you have that new car with the radiology suite electronics where the spare tire normally mounts and a pathology lab in the glove box?

Sasha

Forum Chief

Well what if the pt needs emergency cautrization or stitches or something? So you can dx the eternal bleeding but can do nothing for it. Where are you going to attach your portable OR?

JPINFV

Gadfly
896144687_69753cda5f.jpg

He could always attach it to that new side loading ambulance and use the ambulance to pull it around.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
ive begun offering mobile interventional radiology services in my service area.

sometimes, i have to cut off the transporting ambulance forcing them to stop so i can offer my help but its worth the frequent arrests and the pending court case to revoke my license to really help my patients.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well, if you move to Florida you won't need a license.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Ultra-mega whacker!!

We are not worthy we are not worthy;)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh! and please do not forget the house shrink to have the family "deal with all of their issues" so you can provide care!!! (I swear some days are so true! :p)

EMT-P633

Forum Crew Member
ive begun offering mobile interventional radiology services in my service area.

sometimes, i have to cut off the transporting ambulance forcing them to stop so i can offer my help but its worth the frequent arrests and the pending court case to revoke my license to really help my patients.

Now thats funny...............

flhtci01

Forum Captain

I suggest filling your car with prefilled helium balloons from your local party store.

rmellish

Forum Captain

Wait, you mean my BLS bag in my trunk can't save everyone? I thought once I added the D cylinder I became god's gift to medicine...

OP
OP
daedalus

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait, you mean my BLS bag in my trunk can't save everyone? I thought once I added the D cylinder I became god's gift to medicine...

No, you need a full ALS kit with some extras from the hospital first. I recommend spending some quality time in the ER supply room. Chest tube trays,thoracotomy trays, a heart lung machine, anything you can find.