JBTest Prep. How is it?

TNelson081

Forum Ride Along
New to the site so not sure if its been talked about too much or not. Its called JBTest Prep: EMT-Basic Success. Its a 43$ program, it wouldn't let me post a link.I heard this was a good tool but looking for other options. Im going for my EMT-B written test, in MA. Any other programs that helped you out please share. Thanks.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
OP
OP
T

TNelson081

Forum Ride Along
Okay thank you. Didn't have much time too check it.

Refino827

Forum Probie
I've just started using it since my first failure of the NREMT B test, from what I've heard it's very similar to the test and in my experience so far it's quite thorough with great explanation on why something is right/wrong etc. I would definitely reccomend it.

Coe45

Forum Probie
HCCF8 <---- coupon for jB. I used jb after failing my first attempt at the nremt. All I can say is it really helped me. I passed my second go around.

18G

Paramedic
Used it for Paramedic and passed on my first try. The questions are very close to what you will find on NREMT exams. And JBtest Prep gives you an explanation as well so you know why the answer is right.

It is a really good study and learning tool. Highly recommend!

sleepless near seattle

Forum Probie
Used it for Paramedic and passed on my first try. The questions are very close to what you will find on NREMT exams. And JBtest Prep gives you an explanation as well so you know why the answer is right.

It is a really good study and learning tool. Highly recommend!

Used JB for NREMT-P and passed first attempt in 80 questions. You obviously have to do your own homework to be truly prepared, but nonetheless I agree w/18G. I really appreciated the fact that whether you got an answer right or wrong, you learned more about it through the provided explanations. If I made an educated guess and got it right, most other sites just grant you credit for the right answer and move on while JB gives the full explanation so even a "lucky guess" gives you opportunity to learn.

Refino827

Forum Probie
Definitely go for JBTest Prep over any other test prep programs, My second time around I breezed through the test. Ended around 82 Questions and passed.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
HCCF8 <---- coupon for jB. I used jb after failing my first attempt at the nremt. All I can say is it really helped me. I passed my second go around.

Thanks for the code saved me 15 bucks :) from 51 bucks to 36!

FireHawk918

Forum Crew Member
I am probably signing up for JBL today. I know the stuff but its hard to do written tests. When my instructor does oral tests I ace them. I love EMS and know I would be a great EMT. It is just really discouraging when I can't put it on paper. I hear JBL will help. May I use the coupon as well?

crazychick

Forum Probie
our study group purchased it to help with the critical thinking skills and I love it!!!! it explains why the answer is right, and breaks down the wrong ones too!!!! the other study guide I heard all good things about was the Brady EMT Achieve!!!!!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
My whole EMT course is based on that site. We do work books off the site for the chapter we went over, then take a test over it that was produced by JB. So far, I like it. If you want to review (I just do the work book, then take the test) it asks you a question, you answer. If it's wrong, it tells why the answer is wrong.
Occasionally we get a test that's not from Jb, but that's happened maybe twice. They've taught the class a few years this way and out of the students that get to the National Registry stage, they've had very few fail and not one has failed skills.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Heck, the questions on jb test paramedic were harder than the national registry when I took it.
That makes me feel really confident for the NR, haha. I haven't gotten lower than an 85% on a JB test, yet. Only 1 left, too :D

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Today is the day I buy it. But which one is it? The Navigate test prep?

That's what I have. It contains workbooks for each chapter of their book and we take our tests through it also. I like it, difficult though.