1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.

Is it possible to pass after going all the way to 120 questions??

Discussion in 'NREMT' started by Jay506, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jay506

Jay506 New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    Just wondering, most people who say they passed, say it stopped between 70-90. Im hoping to be stopped right at 75 haha.

Also, if I'm taking my test in the evening, does anyone know how early in the morning, the next business day, the nremt site will have the results?

Thanks
  2. Anjel

Anjel Forum Angel

anything is possible with the crazy nremt.

I took mine at 7am and found out by 3pm. So if you take yours at night and not on a friday. You should know by the afternoon. SHOULD being the key word.
  3. beandip4all

beandip4all New Member

yes.

i think on certain tests they will throw in some "test" items (ie- ones that dont count towards your score but are potentially being evaluated for use in upcoming years), which would up the question count for particular takers, whether or not they have already "passed" or "failed."

I used to tutor for the GMAT (ibanker in a former life!) and they were known for doing this. :ph34r:

cheers,
    bean
  4. jjesusfreak01

jjesusfreak01 New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Intermediate
    As I understand it, the test is looking for you to pass a ratio of correct/total answers having covered all appropriate sections and a minimum number of questions. You can pass quickly or pass late (120 questions) and you can fail quickly or fail late. In general, the test should end when you have definitively passed or failed, so if you're still going you probably haven't failed yet.
  5. Joe

Joe New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    im definetly not proud about this but... i passed at 126. anything is possible
  6. dryfishfood4ewe

dryfishfood4ewe New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Paramedic
    I passed at 150.... So it is possible.
  7. medicdan

medicdan Active Member Premium Member

Retracted
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  8. socalemt123

socalemt123 New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    Yes I just took my NREMT and passed going all the way to 120... Not sure if that means I barely passed but I guess I'll never know..
  9. AirforceMedic

AirforceMedic New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    Thats some bull because I got 120 questions and passed...My class thought the same thing because more people was passing who recieved 70 questions, but it really dosesnt matter.
  10. G00CH 53

G00CH 53 New Member

I passed @ question 123 for Basic. In our medic class so far everyone is passing between 60-80. 2 guys went to 150 with one passing and one failing. Honestly I've been told numerous times that your test might be the one where you might pass it early on, but you keep answering questions based on research and development. I suppose it's entirely possible.
  11. EMTSTUDENT25

EMTSTUDENT25 New Member

No telling, I've heard of passing with 70, failing with 70....passing at 120, also failing with 120....the test has to conclude that you are competent
  12. Rafgo

Rafgo New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    NREMT -Basic

After a long night of thinking i failed... I PASSED!!! so happy!!! it stopped around 115 questions, thought i FAILED !! Remember never worry about how many questions you get!!! good luck to everyone else
  13. AnthonyM83

AnthonyM83 New Member

Currently, the maximum number of questions (excluding 10 or so "pilot questions" that don't count) that you can have is 120. And yes, it means you barely passed.

The ones who were cut off close to the 70 range did very well and passed or very poorly and failed.
  14. Rockies

Rockies New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    I stopped around 120 as well. I just took it this morning so i dont know if i passed :/
  15. dcolbert3

dcolbert3 New Member

Just took mine today at 8 am and it went all the way to 120.. waiting results
  16. Hunter

Hunter Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Paramedic
    who cares if you barely pass or kick it's booty... the point is you passed. Hopefully you do, you can fail miserably with 70, or barely pass with 80, 90, 100, 120... so the number of questions don't matter. Good luck!
  17. AGill01

AGill01 New Member

the question is do you know if you answered the last question correct or not. I was told if you answered the last question correct, you passed
  18. dcolbert3

dcolbert3 New Member

failed @ 120.. will take it again in 15...
  19. EMSforever

EMSforever New Member

Damn man sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, i took my basic back in august and it absolutely sucked. I got my AEMT NR test in a week and a half. We're all in the same boat bud lol