Hollywood Community Hospital (Delongpre and Van Nuys)

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
Just like the post states. Everyone please state your feelings/comments/experiences with these hospitals. (only my LA County EMTs/Paramedics would understand this)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's a very open-ended question.

I'm staying far away from this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just conjured up old memories. Where should I begin? 5-6 hours of holding the wall (to admit the patient!!!), dirty and filthy rooms, horrible staff, psych patients galore. You must work for one of these lovely companies:

GCTI
FIRSTMED
ROYALTY
MEDISTAR
GOOD SHEPHERD
MEDLIFE
ELITE
METROPOLITAN

PS: Get out while you still can!

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
lol Adrobo, I have also seen big companies at both hospitals doing pickups and discharges: Care, Schaefer, and thats pretty much it lol. I will not deny that some of their calls are legimate BLS or even CCT runs but those psych volunteers are so much trouble, and that Urgent Care is a joke. last time i was there the line didnt end until past the double doors near the restrooms in the back.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Is it related to the Hollywood Upstairs Medical School?

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
I use to work for a company, not listed above, that would visit this facility (and many like it) often. I left that job, and have no regrets. It was a learning experience......maybe not for my EMT skills, but for seeing how screwed up these facilities are.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
At my last company that hospital was a hot spot. Lol. Its just one of many in the county that makes me wonder how they stay in business. I always got a kick when nurses would ask for anything free......pens, badge clips, starbucks even lol. :rofl:

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been there twice. Only ever on a transport to that (and I use this term loosly) hospital.

One patient made the comment. "Is the this place? People must come here to die."

The other just said "Oh f***" when I opened the back doors.

Anonymous

Forum Captain
I've been there twice. Only ever on a transport to that (and I use this term loosly) hospital.

One patient made the comment. "Is the this place? People must come here to die."

lol. This post about sums it up. I am not sure what qualifies as being called a hospital, but it must be a pretty subjective definition.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
They no longer have an emergency department. Its purely urgent care and a psych facility...maybe some skilled nursing stuff as well but im not sure. I've been there three times in the past 6 months dropping off psych patients.

Seeing as this was created in 2013 the removal of their ED must be relatively recent.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

Slightly off topic but in the same vein.....I once did a transfer from Cedars to Los Angeles Community Hospital....the patient was a former ER nurse and once we told him where we were taking him, his first reaction was "Where's your AMA form?" only half jokingly (he said he knew he needed the treatment for his infected foot but man he wasn't happy to hear his new insurance didn't cover Cedars and instead wanted LACH..)

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Ah LA Community...I went there about 2 weeks ago. I had heard it was tiny, but until you see it...wow.

While it no longer has an ED, it's scary to think that it used to. It couldn't have had more than 3 beds in the ED...plus the whole set up...kind of scary.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah LA Community...I went there about 2 weeks ago. I had heard it was tiny, but until you see it...wow.

While it no longer has an ED, it's scary to think that it used to. It couldn't have had more than 3 beds in the ED...plus the whole set up...kind of scary.
I dunno if you guys have seen Huntington Park hospital but the ed just recently re opened. Talk about cramming! lol. St. Vince is gonna be opening up to traffic soon. But LA comm has switched hands several times in a short period of time. Hollywood comm is a gold mine for the small dialysis companys that pick up out of the shifty con homes.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
They no longer have an emergency department. Its purely urgent care and a psych facility...maybe some skilled nursing stuff as well but im not sure. I've been there three times in the past 6 months dropping off psych patients.

Seeing as this was created in 2013 the removal of their ED must be relatively recent.
They just got bought along with brotmat and a psych facility in van nuys. They all got renamed.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Slightly off topic but in the same vein.....I once did a transfer from Cedars to Los Angeles Community Hospital....the patient was a former ER nurse and once we told him where we were taking him, his first reaction was "Where's your AMA form?" only half jokingly (he said he knew he needed the treatment for his infected foot but man he wasn't happy to hear his new insurance didn't cover Cedars and instead wanted LACH..)
I've unfortunately been to LACH many times. Kaiser sends a lot of non-kaiser ER patients there for admission. Once had someone straight up ama as soon as we told them where. No convincing them, not that I tried very hard.

Terrible, terrible place.

Last edited: