Flight/HEMS

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The FP-C? Welp, you have a handful of people to network with, to include myself. Ask away:)

Moderator's note:
Posts in this thread were pulled from the Flight/HEMS suggested forum section thread found here:
http://emtlife.com/threads/flight-hems.44515/

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'd have to get quite a bit skinnier before I could ever see wedging myself in a 407 as a flight medic.
I know that feeling. Lol a 145 or 429 might be more my size, but im still too big rigjt now

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm 6'1" and 230. This is how I always felt in DSPs 407.

IMG_5348.JPG

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I haven't had a chance to get in the 407 yet. I liked the EC130. Anyone know how much smaller they are?

How is the 407 compared to AirEvac's 206s?
The 130 will be larger. The 407 is larger and faster than the 206s. I hear one of my local flight friends complain everytime her 407 goes in for maintenence and they get a loaner 206

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The 130 will be larger. The 407 is larger and faster than the 206s. I hear one of my local flight friends complain everytime her 407 goes in for maintenence and they get a loaner 206

This. The 407 is essentially an upgrade to the Long Ranger. Again, still a single engine airframe without an incredible amount of wiggle room; I believe an A-Star is even smaller still.

I've heard the EC (Airbus) 130's have some wiggle room, though.

chrls

Forum Crew Member
This. The 407 is essentially an upgrade to the Long Ranger. Again, still a single engine airframe without an incredible amount of wiggle room; I believe an A-Star is even smaller still.

I've heard the EC (Airbus) 130's have some wiggle room, though.

Talking to guys who have been in our program for awhile that have been in both Long Rangers and our current A-Star the A-Star is quite a bit smaller.

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
I'd be happy to help those with questions about FP-C etc and think a flight forum is a great idea. The EC-130 has a great deal of "wiggle room" indeed. Very spacious. I still prefer to work in an EC-135. Even though it's more cramped I feel like everything I need is within easy reach with proper planning and organization.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'd be happy to help those with questions about FP-C etc and think a flight forum is a great idea. The EC-130 has a great deal of "wiggle room" indeed. Very spacious. I still prefer to work in an EC-135. Even though it's more cramped I feel like everything I need is within easy reach with proper planning and organization.

We went from a Bell 430 to EC135's and despite the dramatic decrease in cabin space, I thought the 135 was easier to work in, for the same reason as you.

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Anybody ever flown in a 109? The other HEMS service in our county is currently in one, and it seems to have its fair share of issues.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Anybody ever flown in a 109? The other HEMS service in our county is currently in one, and it seems to have its fair share of issues.
An aw109? Never flown in one but sat in some and some 119s. Laid out well, but a little cramped. A lot smaller inside tha you'd figure for the size lol

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
An aw109? Never flown in one but sat in some and some 119s. Laid out well, but a little cramped. A lot smaller inside tha you'd figure for the size lol

Sí, señor, the Augusta. Yeah, I'd heard it wasn't as roomy as it looks. I was just curious if it was their particular helicopter that was the issue, or if the AW109's themselves were problematic in general.

Before our service went to the 407, thet had a 222, The "Ol Triple Deuce" as they'd call it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I want to fly PRN. And get my FP-C

I fully support the new sub-forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Best of luck, brutha. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions in the meantime.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
So what is everyone's policy on facial hair? I was pretty bummed about shaving my beard for the N95 fit test, since PAPR is not an option like in the hospital. Are you expected to be clean shaven or can you have a neat kept beard?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So what is everyone's policy on facial hair? I was pretty bummed about shaving my beard for the N95 fit test, since PAPR is not an option like in the hospital. Are you expected to be clean shaven or can you have a neat kept beard?

Where I'm at for us ground pounders, clean shaven.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Clean shaven, can get away with a few days of stubble but no beards allowed :( Between my flight and FD job I have had to shave my entire career. When I retire I am growing a straight up Duck Dynasty beard!