Expired certs?

BumWrangler

Forum Ride Along
Not sure what the best Forum is so...
Due to poor planning I ran into a problem. Sorry for the length...

My CA and SD EMT cert expired 6 months-to-the-day as of Friday.

Does anyone know if they do it to the date or to the end of the month? I'm assuming the date...you know, because the license expires on a specific date.
Ex.: Exp. 2/28 +6/mo = 8/28 will they allow me to bring my EMT refresher + skills (that I'll have finished Tomorrow) on Monday and have it count as 6 months since it's the 6 month? That way I only need 24 hrs CEs/Refresher.

The reason I'm asking is because I can sign-up for a class to fulfill my missing 8 hours of CEUs tonight (to hit 36 hours) that begins Monday. Or I can risk it at the co EMS and then hunt for a new CEUs if I fail.

The reason there's a rush is because I have received call backs for EMT jobs I applied for in LA co. and I'd like to complete the process with relevant certs.

I'm also taking the LA scope of practice online with UCLA; if anyone knows if that + BLS CPR + a state card is sufficient for a cert that'd be helpful - online it says I need the NREMT but I'm hoping that transferring within the state will work - hence the CA card.

Thanks!