EMS Director position

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Someone passed along with job to me, so I wanted to pass it along in case anyone was interested

http://umdnj.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=2460830&user_id=
Job Title: EMS Director
Job Number: 11NS995781
Facility: University Hospital
Department: EMS
Salary Range: Salary Negotiable

PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The Director will, on a routine and daily basis, be required to see, hear, smell, speak, sit, walk, lift, drive, and communicate in English both verbally and in writing. The Emergency Medical Director will, on a routine and daily basis, be required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. In certain situations the Emergency Medical Services Director may be required to kneel, crawl, climb, or jump. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 125 lbs. occasionally.

WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Director will, on a routine and daily basis, be required to work with small to medium sized groups of people in a quiet to moderately noisy office environment, drive or ride short to moderate distances to and from off-site meetings, and to work with and around electronic and communications equipment during standard business hours. In certain situations the Emergency Medical Services Director may be required to work with medium to large groups of people and/or in a moderate to very noisy environment and/or for prolonged periods of time and/or during off hours

Qualifications: The Director must have at least 6 years active EMS experience with a minimum of three (3) years of management or supervisory experience in an EMS operations capacity and a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care, Public Administration, or related field. National Incident Management System (NIMS) Awareness required. The Emergency Medical Services Director Incident Command System (ICS) Level 300 & 400 training required. The Director must possess outstanding human relations and leadership skills and the ability to function in a team environment. The Emergency Medical Services Director must possess and demonstrate the knowledge and ability to achieve superior performance in a unionized environment. It is preferred that the Director have a Master’s degree in Health Care, Public Administration, or related field , have current or previous experience and certification as a Paramedic, and have at least two (2) years of EMS driving experience with a satisfactory driving record. The Director must be able to pass a medical evaluation and a respirator fit test and wear an N95 particulate filter respirator mask in accordance with PEOSHA standards as a condition of employment. It is desirable that the Emergency Medical Services Director speak Spanish. The Director must possess and maintain current and active credentials in good standing.

Credentials Required:
Driver’s license with NJ driving privileges. Driver’s license must be in accordance with the DOT/MVC regulations for the type/size/weight of the vehicle(s) as assigned.
American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for the Healthcare Provider.
National Incident Management System (NIMS) Awareness.
National Response Plan, an Introduction.
The Emergency Medical Services Director Incident Command System (ICS) Level 300 & 400 training required.

Responsibilities: The primary purpose of the Director position is to provide overall managerial direction to and assure, within appropriate fiscal constraints, the efficient operation of the EMS system, to provide input into the long range planning for the department, oversee the preparation and administration of budgets and reports, participate in the hiring, training, mentoring, and managing of personnel, function as the Administrator On Call for incidents requiring management direction for problem solving or decision making,, set departmental policy and procedure, observe and evaluate employee performance, act as a role model for customer service and quality improvement while actively seeking other assigned duties to support efficient EMS operations and to represent UMDNJ, UH, and EMS in a positive and professional manner.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I thought that you were supposed to post 2-3 red herring companies in order to make sure no one can guess who you are...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I thought that you were supposed to post 2-3 red herring companies in order to make sure no one can guess who you are...

Hahaha. We know who you are now.....

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I work in NJ... no big secret.... it even says it on my profile....

I'm on the state EMS listserv.... I get about a half dozen job postings a month, most of them are for EMT or Paramedic positions.... When I saw the director one, I went to the website and copies everything on the page and put it on here, in case anyone wants to move up from working on the ambulance... still not a big secret...

I'm not really scared if you know who I am, because, well, you don't know who I am, and even if you did, well, I don't really care :rolleyes:

I could post every job that comes across my pc.... you know i might just do that, so you have your 2-3 red herrings.....