Any steel plant EMT'S?

SteelEmt

Forum Ride Along
Hello all, new to the site and it looks like a pretty good one. I was wondering if anyone on here works at a steel plant as a EMT? I do myself and would be interested in talking to someone else who does.

Thanks and post ya later!

Bill

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

nebraska_emt_cowboy

Forum Ride Along
I wasnt a steel plant emt but i was an ironworker thats also an emt and was used by the safety crew numerous times. I may be of some interest to you. Kyle

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Sounds like a pretty interesting job. Mainly Trauma right?

Gbro

Forum Lieutenant
I was a member of a 1st responder group at a Taconite Mine in Minnesota.
This group was mostly 1st responder certified, but some of us were EMT's.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Yeah, you get paid bank to sit around and "work" all day. it is a good job but not a ton of action. when you get the call though, it's always a good one.

OP
OP
S

SteelEmt

Forum Ride Along
Steel Plant

Yeah, that’s funny sit around and do nothing all day!! I wish, were gophers really. During the day shifts we run our butts off sometimes, unlocking/unarming buildings, checking eyewashes, checking AED's, checking value stands, responding to fire alarms, responding to radiation alarms, issuing all the permits on property, checking the trauma cabinets, running this, running that, delivering mail-water-fruit, doing postings in all departments, doing radiation checks, somewhere in there walking the mill, patrolling the property, unlocking this gate-that gate-and anything other gate, taking care of the few medical calls there are, and most importantly--eating lunch.

At my plant, there's not allot of sitting around and waiting, allot of doing everything except medical stuff.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
LOL taht sucks go woek in Utah you will have a lot more TV time.:)

GeekMedic

Forum Probie
Another steel plant EMT (EMR here in Canada)

Hello SteelEmt! I work at a plant here in Calgary that manufactures leaf springs and forged products, we do everything that you listed with the exception of radiation, though thanks to our safety coordinator we practically glow in the dark!

We seem to do mostly firefighting and medicals.

Bosco578

Forum Captain
Hello SteelEmt! I work at a plant here in Calgary that manufactures leaf springs and forged products, we do everything that you listed with the exception of radiation, though thanks to our safety coordinator we practically glow in the dark!

We seem to do mostly firefighting and medicals.

Interesting.